Wednesday, January 24, 2018

14 Oatmeal Recipes That Will Leave You Drooling

Did you know that January is National Oatmeal Month? Here are 14 recipes that you need to try!

14 Oatmeal Recipes That Will Leave You Drooling


There is something warm and comforting about a hot bowl of oatmeal. Enjoy some unique twists on the traditional bowl of oatmeal.


Carrot cake always reminds me of dessert, but who says you can't have dessert for breakfast? This recipe from Elle isn't nearly as sweet as an actual carrot cake so you can eat it without any guilt.

Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Carrot Cake Oatmeal

Have you ever topped your oatmeal with a fried egg? I haven't but this savory oatmeal from Farrah sounds very intriguing! I'm definitely going to have to try it.

Savory Oatmeal with Fried Egg and Sriracha
Savory Oatmeal with Fried Egg and Sriracha

Ok, this next one might actually be good for either breakfast OR dessert. It sounds delicious, doesn't it?!

Tiramisu Oatmeal
Tiramisu Oatmeal

Ever get back from a morning run famished? Here's the perfect oatmeal to refuel.

Post-Run Pomegranate Oatmeal
Post-Run Pomegranate Oatmeal

This is something I definitely wouldn't have thought of myself - adding cauliflower to your oatmeal! It makes it a lower carb meal with all the warm comforting goodness of straight oatmeal.

Cauliflower Oatmeal
Cauliflower Oatmeal


I love a bowl of oatmeal, but sometimes it seems so hard to make in the morning. Enter the wonderful world of Overnight Oats.


I only discovered overnight oats this past year. I was always a little intimidated by them, but they truly are a lifesaver and perfect for meal prepping your breakfast for the week.

Carmy breaks down overnight oats and gives you 4 easy recipes to start your day right!

4 Easy Overnight Oats Recipes
4 Easy Overnight Oats Recipes

Apple pie isn't just for dessert or a special occasion. With only 5 ingredients, it's easy to start your morning with the taste of apple pie.

Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Apple Pie Overnight Oats

@EnjoytheCourse is sharing 14 drool-worthy oatmeal recipes for #NationalOatmealMonth. Check them out!

While overnight oats seem fool-proof, there are some common mistakes to avoid. Janice tells us how to avoid these mistakes and gives a delicious recipe to enjoy as well.

Shake & Go Peanut Butter Banana Protein Overnight Oats
Shake & Go Peanut Butter Banana Protein Overnight Oats

Nothing better on a cold winter's morning than the comfort of chai tea. Why not combine that into some overnight oats?

Chai Spiced Overnight Oats
Chai Spiced Overnight Oats

Apple pie isn't the only pie that can be enjoyed as overnight oats! How about some cherry pie for breakfast?

Cherry Pie Overnight Oats
Cherry Pie Overnight Oats


Maybe more traditional oatmeal isn't really your thing. Did you know you can add oats to your smoothie?


I actually do this quite a bit to thicken up my smoothies.

Here's an oatmeal smoothie recipe that would be perfect to start your day. Or to recover after a workout. Or just for a treat on a hot summer day. Is it summer yet?

Mixed Berry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
Mixed Berry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie

Oatmeal also makes delicious bars and bites.


Oatmeal isn't just for breakfast. How about some oatmeal snacks?

These little bites look so good and would be sure to add a little pep to your step next time you need an afternoon pick-me-up.

Espresso Oatmeal Blueberry Bites
Espresso Oatmeal Blueberry Bites

Peanut butter, dates, and oatmeal (with a few other ingredients) combine into a delicious energy bar that's sure to satisfy. These would be perfect for after a run.

Peanut Butter Dates Energy Bars
Peanut Butter Dates Energy Bars

Maybe you need a little energy to get you out the door for your next run. You'll have to try these energy bites.

Pre-Run Oatmeal Energy Bites
Pre-Run Oatmeal Energy Bites


Oatmeal is amazing - no matter how you like it prepared. There are so many benefits, but that's a topic for another day.

What's your favorite way to enjoy oatmeal?
Which of these recipes do you want to try first?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

24 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal so thanks for sharing.

    I am lazy so I oook it and add brown sugar, honey, nuts, raisins etc.

    Most of time, I just use the packages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be pretty lazy when it comes to my oatmeal, too. Can you really go wrong with brown sugar?! :)

      Delete
  2. I love oatmeal! I have it almost every morning for breakfast (usually instant oatmeal, at my work desk LOL). I need to try the overnight oats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, too! I want to make my own instant oatmeal packets, though.

      Delete
  3. I have been craving oatmeal lately too! I need to check out some of these yummy looking recipes. Thanks so much for sharing my oatmeal espresso bites

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oatmeal and eat it often but I am super boring. Will have to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm generally pretty boring, too. Hope you find something to love. :)

      Delete
  5. I do love a good oatmeal. Though I had one the other day that was AWFUL. The worst oatmeal I've ever had. I definitely need sweet, not savory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I did include one savory recipe because I'm intrigued. I probably prefer sweet, though. :)

      Delete
  6. Oatmeal is my favorite breakfast in the winter so I’m loving all of these recipes - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Oatmeal is so comforting in the winter, but it can be enjoyed all year. :)

      Delete
  7. Omg the tiramisu oatmeal sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Siracha and would never have thought to put it on my oatmeal! I actually have done a similar combination that you suggested, but with rice. Never thought to do it with the oats! I'm trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, pomegranate oatmeal sounds great! I love oatmeal and make baked oatmeal in ramekins that I can just heat up in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! One, I think I need to buy some ramekins. Two, I've never tried baked oatmeal. I'll have to find some recipes.

      Delete
  10. I love oatmeal--I never do much to mine more than just oatmeal and maple syrup! I"m so boring. I do stir in the GLG protein now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with maple syrup! I did stir in some Cherry GLG last week. It was a little more sour than I was expecting, but since I don't normally like cherry flavor, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it.

      Delete
  11. This post is perfect timing. I just recently starting making oatmeal one of my staple breakfast meals, and I don't want to get bored with it too quickly. I'll definitely be checking out some of these recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete