Sunday, January 14, 2018

Weekly Wrap - Jan 14th

I've gone back and forth on how I want to do my weekly wrap posts this year. I still haven't come up with anything that I really love. Guess it will be a work in progress. 😃

Linking up with Holly and Wendy!

Weekly Wrap

Workouts


How do you like this graphic for my workout summary? It was a bit time-consuming to create, but I don't think it will be as bad updating it each week.

Weekly Wrap - January 8-14

Some notes...

  • The days with Tone It Up include 15+ min of Daily Moves & a Video (see links below). Currently, the Daily Moves are 42 reps. I've been breaking them into 3 sets of 14 to get in all the reps.
  • I had an early morning training on Tuesday so had permission to work from home that day. Since I had to start work early, I slept in half an hour and moved my workout to lunch. I don't know if it's because of the later time but it was TOUGH! Could also have just been the tons of burpees. 
  • I woke up on Thursday not feeling 100%, so I skipped the Tone It Up workouts and only did the TRUE yoga video. Same with today.

Check out @EnjoytheCourse's workout's last week! Lots of YouTube videos!!

Videos


I do a lot of YouTube videos, so I thought I'd share the links each week of the ones I did that week.

YWA TRUE
TRUE - Day 7 - Salud (25 min)TRUE - Day 8 - Salve (29 min)TRUE - Day 9 - Open (25 min)TRUE - Day 10 - Detox (26 min)TRUE - Day 11 - Soften (17 min)TRUE - Day 12 - Center (26 min) | TRUE - Day 13 - Strength & Harmony (25 min)

Tone It Up
Stop, Drop & Booty Pop (11 min) | Love Your Total Body Toning (11 min) | Best 10 Min Ab Workout (9 min) | Detox Total Body Tone (10 min) | Pump It Up Quick Arm Routine (11 min)

Other Happenings


Not a whole lot else happened last week. I did get my January StrideBox. That's always exciting.

January 2018 StrideBox

Even though I haven't been running much, I'm still excited about everything in this month's box - especially the lip balm and all the snacks!


January Goal Check-in


January Goals

I'm afraid I was really far too ambitious with my goals this month. TEN GOALS for the month?! What was I thinking... 

We're halfway through the month, and here's how it's looking.
  • Forefoot running - I still haven't done any of the research (articles, videos) that I've wanted to do. I have done spurts of running in my living room when my Garmin tells me I've been sitting too long. I also did a little videotaping last weekend, but haven't analyzed or edited it yet.
  • My evenings have been busy with blogging, so I haven't been consistent with my foot massages or toe sitting. I think my goal of every day was a bit unrealistic.
  • I'm doing great with the Yoga with Adriene TRUE 30-day series. I haven't missed a single practice and it's been such a great series.
  • This is my 3rd post of the week, so I'm doing well with that goal.
  • I haven't worked on reviving any old posts, improving my PageSpeed, or creating my GA dashboard.

Posts


In case you missed them, here are the posts I shared last week. Click on the image to read the post.

The Bottom Line on Why Toe Socks Are Better
5 Delicious Hot Cocoa Additions

What do you think of this format for my weekly wrap posts?
Do you set monthly goals? If you do, how are they coming along this month?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

24 comments:

  1. Normally I do set monthly goals, but I didn't write a wrapup post for January (since I wrapped up 2017 instead) so I'm kind of goal-less. OTOH, I'm not training hard so I'm getting at a lot of stuff that was sliding, so that's good.

    I hope you feel better soon. Stuff has been going around forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just felt a little off. Nothing a relaxing day at home won't cure (I hope). Doesn't it feels good to get caught up on things that sometimes slide when we're training hard? Great job!

      Delete
  2. I like that graphic! I definitely don't have the patience to make something like that happen. LOL I didn't end up starting that yoga challenge but I did do her yoga for runners today. Felt so good after yesterday's long run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! Now that I have the shell made, it will be easy enough to update the text each week. Maybe change up the colors. So, I think I'll keep it around for at least a few weeks. :)

      I really like YWA! I bet the Yoga for Runners was perfect for the day after a long run.

      Delete
  3. I'm a sloth when it comes to strength training but I get out to run as often as my schedule allows.

    No goals for each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta do what you love, right?! I'm hopeful that strength training will eventually make me a stronger, better runner. :)

      Delete
  4. That is a fun graphic! I should come up w something like that to update each week. I've never done them but people seem to like those Tone it up videos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I do kinda like how the graphic came together, after all. Tone It Up is a great program - especially for the days when you're not sure what to do. They always have a daily workout posted that you can do at home.

      Delete
  5. I used to get the Stridebox and though I enjoyed it, there were a lot of products that I never used, although it was still fun to receive something in the mail that wasn't a bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any mail that isn't a bill is definitely welcomed! Of course, most of our bills come online nowadays, so they're rarely in my mailbox either. :D
      Occasionally, there are items in my StrideBox that I don't use, but mostly I've really enjoyed everything they've included.

      Delete
  6. You are so creative with your blog! I'm still working on the click to tweet thing. I have to admit that I haven't done much with it, but I still have your email. I do a lot of YouTube videos too--have you tried Five Parks Yoga? I like her down to earth style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Wendy! Thanks so much! I do like to be creative and try new things, but it does make it harder to kick out posts quickly. LOL

      I have tried Five Parks Yoga as well. I really like that channel, too. I prefer yogis that aren't too yogi if that makes sense. Give me down to earth any day!

      Delete
  7. I have a hard time with blog graphics (my old, tired eyes!), but I do like checking out the links for the YouTube videos you like - I'm always interested in good ones! I forget to use Click To Tweet more often than not these days. #bloggerfail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I am way more inclined to share a post, if it has a Click To Tweet in it. :) I'm not always very good about including one, though.

      I hope you find some good YouTube videos.

      Delete
  8. I am digging the graphic that you created for your workouts this week - love the colors!

    I really liked the Stidebox this month! Most of the brands were new to me so I can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kooky! I think I'll stick with it for a few weeks (months?) but maybe change up the colors now and again.

      I'm excited to try the snacks from the StrideBox, too!

      Delete
  9. My monthly goals are keeping me pretty much on track, thanks to the **bonus** of also doing the Burpees & Planks & Push-ups Challenge...My legs are getting plenty of strength work and the daily cardio is kind of a no-brainer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, Kim! Your monthly goals are always inspiring. :) Great job staying on track.

      Delete
  10. I started 30 days YWA TRUE a little late (ok, Saturday haha). I did day 1 and then accidentally jumped to day 13. Oops. I'm going to pay more attention to the numbers from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, that's kind of a little hilarious! It's been such a great practice! I hope you get to enjoy all 30 days. :)

      Delete
  11. I like your graphic as it's pretty straightforward and easy to read. I'm not much of a goal setter, so no monthly goals for me. But, I do keep a on-going spreadsheet of all of my workouts and runs so I can see my progress. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I'm impressed with you on-going spreadsheet. I fear I would all too often forget to update. LOL

      Delete
  12. My goal this month is to work on my base. I don't remember my base being this rusty last January, but it is this year.

    ReplyDelete