Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Revealing My January Goals for a Successful 2018

Yesterday, I shared my Happy New Year 2018 goals. I'm keeping my annual goals really simple this year and am just focusing on two goals 1) Transitioning to Forefoot Running and 2) Improving my Blog. Each month, I'll be setting more specific goals to help me achieve these larger ones.


FOREFOOT RUNNING


It's something I've wanted to do for awhile now, but it's definitely still a hard concept for me to wrap my head around. I'm taking my time and slowly easing into the world of forefoot running.

  • Research forefoot running by reading 2-3  articles or watching 2-3 videos on proper form
  • Videotape current form weekly
  • Practice new form/techniques 2-3 per week in 30-sec intervals

One thing I learned in the seminar I took during BlogFest in July was the importance of prepping your feet, so I plan on including some feet self-care in January as well.

  • Massage feet nightly with coconut oil
  • Practice toe sitting to stretch out my feet
Image from Yoga International

Not directly related to forefoot running, one of my favorite yogis on YouTube is hosting a 30-day yoga challenge call True. Today is Day 1, so feel free to join me! If you're not familiar with Yoga with Adriene, give her a shot. I love her channel. Improving my core and balance will help with my running, so I'm hoping a little yoga will help. Plus, I just love yoga. 🙏


Become a Better Blogger


Here's what I want to accomplish in January here on Enjoying the Course:

  • 2-3 new posts a week
  • Revive 3-4 old posts throughout the month
  • Optimize PageSpeed on home page as well as new and revived posts
  • Create a Google Analytics dashboard to help me learn more about my audience and help me discover which posts to revive.


Seeing them all laid out, it looks like a lot! Wish me luck. 😄


What are your goals for the month?

I'm linking up today with Erika, Marcia and Patty for Tuesday's on the Run. This week's topic is 2018 Goals. :)

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

16 comments:

  1. I made the transition to forefoot running a few years ago. It was hard work, and I had to concentrate a lot, but I did feel a good difference once I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done a few of Adriene's yoga videos - I really like her! I should totally make the time to do that challenge.

    That toe sitting is no joke! I need to do that more often because I always feel better after I do. My knee is still tight so that pose also stretches my knee and my quad in a good way. I'm still working on getting back to pre-surgery mobility.

    I like your blogging goals too. I'm working on some of my own. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Adriene's Find What Feels Good mantra. This morning's practice was pretty meditative as well. It was nice.

      Toe sitting is tough, for sure. I'm hoping that it will get easier as time goes on.

      Good luck with your blogging goals as well.

      Delete
  3. Have screws and plates in one of my ankles so can't do toe sitting:(

    I do naturally run on my forefoot. At least, that's what I've been told.

    I don't have any goals.

    Just run and have fun!

    Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with "Just run and have fun!" I wish that forefoot running was more natural for me, but hopefully it will be by the end of the year. :)

      Delete
  4. I should try that toe sitting thing. I can't really do it on my knees (ugh...Voldemort might not approve LOL), but I'm sure there's a way to do from a different position. I do a lot of ankle rotations and arch massage to prevent Plantar Fasciitis from returning, the toe sitting would be a great technique to add.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can ease into from Table Top; it might be easier on your knee to stay on all fours, but I'm not sure. I need to do more ankle rotations and arch massage as well.

      Delete
  5. I love Yoga with Adriene! I'll have to check out that challenge! My sis is a yoga instructor and does a "Yoga for the feet" class that is the total bomb. Especially for runners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This yoga challenge is all about finding (or returning to) your TRUE self. I'm very hopeful.

      A Yoga for the Feet class sounds amazing!

      Delete
  6. One of the things that has really helped me run more midfoot/forefoot is to run on my treadmill in socks. I also feel it has strengthened my feet.

    Good luck with all of the blog stuff. Google analytics is fabulous for information about your blog hits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some great goals for the month! Yoga has definitely helped with my feet...you definitely have a smart plan to slowly transition to forefoot running! And the blogging goals are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you have specific monthly goals. I am just focusing on some big yearly goals, but I need to break it down a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! I'm really hoping that the combination of monthly and yearly goals will help me have a successful year. :)

      Delete