Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dining in Las Vegas - TREVI

I was recently invited to meet a few blogging friends for dinner and drinks at TREVI, a restaurant in Caesars Palace Forum Shops.

Unfortunately, for me, and in no way reflecting poorly on the restaurant, it just so happened to be the night after the car-to-car shooting/crash on the Strip. More than 12 hours after the shooting, traffic was still very messed up, and the 10 min drive ended up taking closer to 40 minutes.

Once I got to the Forum Shops, it took me another 20 minutes or so to actually find the restaurant. :-( The rotunda I entered didn't seem to have an exit. I finally had to ask directions from the hostess at another restaurant and then a sales person from a shop.

Pointed in the right direction, it was so easy to find! If I were more familiar with Caesars and/or the Strip in general, I doubt I would have had any issues. In fact, it's very prominently located right outside the Fountain of the Gods in the heart of the Forum Shops.


I was greeted by a couple of very friendly hosts, who pointed me to my group. They were just finishing up appetizers. I was pretty hungry by this time, so I just dug right in without snapping even a single pic before savoring a delicious Mozzarella Corroza and ordering a delicious cocktail.


Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the delectable treat, but it was super good. Isn't everything better with a sugar rim?

Meeting and chatting with new friends is always good.

Meeting and chatting with new friends while enjoying delicious food is even better!




We were seated on the faux-outdoor patio right next to the fountain. I could have practically reached out and touched it. While it was a super fun atmosphere, the rushing water of the fountain made it a bit loud. Probably not so bad if you're just dining with one or a few people, but with a party of 8 it was a little difficult.

Italian Margarita

Gooey Chocolate Cake

Next time I go to TREVI, I'd like to dine on the new mezzanine level. It has a fabulous 12-foot tall chandelier + tables overlooking the Fountain through arched windows.


Disclaimer: All food and drinks were provided to me free of charge, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm, the food looks yummy! And of course, I agree with you - a sugary rimmed drink has got to be good, right? As a margarita lover, I'm intrigued at the Italian one...

    Okay, I have to know, was that cake gooey in the middle?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Italian margarita was super good. I think they add amaretto to it.

      And yes, the cake was all gooey inside. Yum!

      Delete
  2. The food looks so good! I've heard about that crash all over the news, such a sad story. :(
    Glad you had a good time and got to meet new blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trevi's food is SO good! I often sit at the bar to snack after events. I'm so glad you finally found us. Their menu was great that night -- I got to try a few things I had never had before. YUM!

    ReplyDelete