Monday, March 11, 2013

Cee Lo Green is LOBERACE

Ooh! It was one crazy weekend. Jeff and I definitely bit off more than we could chew. It was super fun, but it totally wiped us out. :)

Brief recap:
Saturday night, we went to see CeeLo Green at Planet Hollywood.
Sunday afternoon, we went to NASCAR.

In between the two of them was, of course, the beginning of Daylight Savings Time, so we missed an hour of sleep on top of it.

I'll recap going to NASCAR tomorrow, but first, let's talk about CeeLo.


This show was really fantastic! I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it was such a fun, enjoyable show.

Jeff and I decided to bike to Planet Hollywood, so we left really early. We weren't 100% sure of where to lock our bikes and from there where to pick up the tickets. After locking our bikes, we had nearly 2 hours until showtime, so we took our time finding the box office and picking up our tickets. We were told that the doors would open 10 minutes prior to the show.

So, we killed some time walking around the Miracle Mile Shops.

As we were waiting for the doors to open, I couldn't help but notice the diversity of the audience! Both men and women, old and young, various ethnic backgrounds. It was nice to see. :)

Unfortunately, the doors did not open 10 min prior to the show. In fact, I don't think they opened until after the show was supposed to start, and then it took at least another 20 minutes to get everyone seated. To say that the audience, ourselves included, were annoyed at the delay would have been quite an understatement. It was already a pretty late show, starting at midnight, and people were definitely getting restless.

All that vanished once the show started and the dancers came out on to the stage. I am always so impressed with dancers. It is so amazing what they can do - the amount of body strength that must be required. I find it truly awe inspiring.

I probably would have been happy just watching the dancers, but the music was also very enjoyable! Even if you aren't familiar with CeeLo Green, I think you'd really enjoy this show. Most of the songs were tributes to some great music. I even caught Jeff singing along on several occasions. :)

Speaking of tributes, during one of the CeeLo's costume changes, out came Boy George, who sang a few of his best known songs. Ok, so it was actually an impersonator, but damn! he was spot on. We weren't the only ones fooled. :)

The music was fantastic; the dancers were fascinating.

As is true with many Vegas shows, I assume. I haven't actually been to more than a couple. the female dancers were very sensual - from their dress to their moves. If this bothers you, then I probably wouldn't recommend the show. If you're an appreciator of the female form, then you will definitely enjoy this.

I was also impressed with the variety of the dancers. They weren't all stick thin. There were varying shapes and sizes and ethnicities. There were a couple girls that I thought were a bit too skinny because I could really see their ribs, but for the most part, these girls looked super fit. Simple as that. And did I mention how amazingly talented they were? :-)

I'm not sure what time the show actually ended up starting, but it easily lasted more than a full hour. Time went by so fast! A true sign of a great show, in my opinion.



By the time we returned to our bikes, the clocks on our phones had already sprung ahead for Daylight Savings Time - jipping us out of an hour of sleep. Ooh, NASCAR was a bitch to wake up for just a few short hours later. Stay tuned for a recap on that tomorrow.

Disclaimer: I was provided two tickets to this show free of charge, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. I always thought he'd put on a fun show. I've only ever seen him on The Voice (and the disaster that was the Madonna half-time show), but he seems really cool. I'm glad you had fun, even if you were exhausted the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun, but Daylight Savings Time really took it out of me. And committing to going to NASCAR probably wasn't my smartest idea consider the time it started. :(

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I would have to say that I believe CeeLo would have "sensual" dancers regardless of his show was in Vegas or Iowa. That's CeeLo. LOL But I enjoy his music when I hear it and I'm convinced by the little I've seen of him that he puts on a fantastic show! Very cool that you got to go to that.

    I'm like you, I can usually be entertained by the dancers in shows like that - they have amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it was an amazing show. How fun that you biked there and back. sounds like a great night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun! A little nerve-wracking biking at night, but our bikes are very well lit.

      Delete