Saturday, March 30, 2013

Here it is.

I can't believe it's already the end of March. 2013 is really flying by!!

March started out pretty strong. Thanks largely to the 5 by the 5th virtual race series. That always seems to kick my butt into gear.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem very long before I could feel a big slump coming on. And boy did it hit me hard. I found it super difficult to find the time/motivation/desire to workout, go for a run, or even ride my bike to work. I was eating like crap and feeling just the same.

I knew why and knew I needed to change, but simply couldn't find it within myself.

Around mid-month, I signed up for 3 virtual races for the second half of March. I did one right away for St Patrick's Day, but then just couldn't seem to get off the couch to get in the other events.



The Running with Spatulas virtual series was from Mar 18-29.



There were five options to choose from: 10K run, 10K walk, 10K bike, 30K any way, and 5K run/walk. I was feeling ambitious when I signed up for the 10K run, bike, and 30K any way.

And then I sat and sat and sat.

Finally on Mar 28, I went for a 10k run after work. I really didn't want to, but I'm glad I did! It was probably my slowest 10k in forever. I had to fight a lot of crowds on Las Vegas Blvd, but I did catch a glimpse of the volcano show at the Mirage. :)

I also stopped to take a couple pics for the #runchathunt.




Friday morning came really early after staying up too late watching a movie, but I still managed to hurry enough and get out earlier than usual. I added a bit of distance to my morning commute, which allowed me to get in the 10k bike option. Phew!

Of these 3 races, the one I was the most excited about was the Jelly Bean virtual race - and the only one I'd signed up for ahead of time.


This race has four options - run a 5k, 10k, or 1/2 marathon OR bike a 21K (half marathon). Last year, I managed to completed all 4 events, but this year, I haven't even done one. Boooo!!!!

I suppose I could use my 10k time from the RWS race on Thursday, but somehow that feels like cheating to me. :D.

I still have today and tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get out there for a 10k run this afternoon and (hopefully) convince Jeff to join me for a 21k bike ride tomorrow.

I've got a few challenges in mind for April, but I think that's for another post. :)

What are you up to this weekend?
How do you stay motivated when you find yourself falling into a slump?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Shhh, I used my RWS times for jelly bean. I have had people use real races for my virtuals and I don't mind. Kind of the same thing. I hope you get your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting out there and doing it. It is so hard to break out of a slump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just getting out there is the first step! You're still lightyears ahead of others and moving is moving.

    I'll be running the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Moving is moving. :) Good luck at the Shamrock Shuffle. Sounds fun!!

      Delete