Monday, August 19, 2013

Marathon Monday #3



My 2nd week of training went really well!


  • I pretty much stuck to my plan.
  • I didn't feel nearly as tired as the first week. 
  • I was much better about getting to bed early/on time.
  • I took an active rest on my two rest days.
  • I ended up taking a full rest day yesterday, and I don't feel guilty at all due to the active rests earlier in the week.


The PlanThe Reality
Mon, 8/12REST2.6 mile walk
Tue, 8/1333
Wed, 8/14REST20 min yoga
Thu, 8/1555
Fri, 8/1633
Sat, 8/1788
Sun, 8/182REST
TOTAL2121.6

While I did the full 8 miles on Saturday for my long run, it was LONG! And it was HOT. I left at 8am, but I think it was already in the 90s. Ugh. I got way too hot, plus I forgot to near a sweatband.

I did discover a fun park, though. It was about 1/2 through my run, and there was a water play area for the kids. I'll admit that I jumped in there for a minute or two to cool down a bit. :)

Here are my splits from my long run:

Mile 1 - 10:16
Mile 2 - 9:53
Mile 3 - 9:40
Mile 4 - 10:36
Mile 5 - 16:14 (I walked half, if not most, of this mile)
Mile 6 - 11:08
Mile 7 - 11:26
Mile 8 - 11:08

Only two miles were sub 10:00. I may have to rethink my marathon time goal. We'll see how the next couple long runs go, and if running earlier helps at all.

I picked up our Bountiful Basket Saturday morning, so I couldn't have really gone earlier this week. We're going to cut back to every other week or so for Bountiful, so that I can go for my long runs earlier on our off weeks.

And for next week:

My virtual race ends on Sunday. You can still join the fun! Lots of great prizes up for grabs!! Just shoot me an email or fill out this form.

I'll also be running Jill and Jen's Birthday Bash virtual run (10k) on Thursday, and my first double digit run on Saturday.

How far did you run this week?
Have you ever jumped into a kiddy water area to cool off mid-run? I really think I threw off the kids. They weren't quite sure what to make of me, but they were very friendly and helpful.


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. Good job sticking to the plan! I manage 24 miles this week. Last week, I was so hot after my long run I jumped into the pool at our complex still in my running gear. It felt lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've totally done that before. It does feel divine. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you jumped in the kiddie pool mid run!!

    ReplyDelete