Monday, August 26, 2013

Marathon Monday #4


Kind of a tough week of training this week. I'm chalking it up mostly to PMS. My whole body was so achy and all I wanted was to sleep and eat chocolate. I don't think I've never craved chocolate so much in my life. Not that I'm complaining.

So, here's how the week went.

The PlanThe Reality
Mon, 8/19RESTREST
Tue, 8/2033
Wed, 8/21RESTREST
Thu, 8/226.2
Virtual Race
Fri, 8/234
Sat, 8/241010
Sun, 8/252

I skipped the virtual race on Thursday and decided to just use the 6.2 miles from the 10 on Saturday for that race.

It was so difficult to get motivated for my long run this week. I slept too late and then took forever getting everything ready. Hopefully this week will be better. Since my legs were feeling tired and achy, I decided to do 3:1 intervals (run 3 minutes, walk 1 minute). I really feel like the intervals helped get me through, but it was very slow going.

Up next week? I start incorporating hills into my training. I still have to find a decent hill in my neighborhood. In the meantime, I think I'll run to the Strip and run stairs. It's not quite the same thing, I know, but I think it will still be good for me.

The good news from last week is that I finally got the flat tire on my bike fixed and was able to bike into work 4 days. I skipped biking on Wednesday in favor of folding the laundry, and Thursday, Jeff came to pick me up after work because the weather was stormy and my cell had died. I probably would have been fine biking home, but with the dead cell, I didn't want to take any chances.

How do you deal with PMS? Does it take you down or do you power through? A small part of me feels guilty for skipping three days of running this week, but a bigger part of me is totally okay with listening to my body. I'm going with the "my body must have needed the extra rest" theory.


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. I live in hills. so i am constantly running on them. Sleep and chocolate - Love it! I felt like that last week. and my training suffered but I am back on schedule now. In fact, I didn't crave chocolate until I started working out. And chocolate milk is good for recovery. So enjoy! LOL

    I like that "Marathon Mondays"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are parts of Vegas that are really hilly, but I live in a pretty flat area. At least no hills that strike me right off as being awesome for training, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm envious of you. :)

      I usually make a smoothie for recovery, but chocolate is delicious, too. Maybe I'll have that tomorrow.

      Delete