Sunday, May 25, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 5/25

Even though my right knee is killing me (more on that later) after yesterday's races, it really was a great week of workouts!

Monday, 5/19 - 4 miles at an easy pace. 42:51. 2 sun salutations.

Tuesday, 5/20 - The Tank Top WOD. 3 sets. 5-lb dumbbells.

Wednesday, 5/21 - Speed work. 3.37 miles. 32:46. 10 rounds of 1 min fast, 1 min easy.

Thursday, 5/22 - 15 min yoga/stretching.

Friday, 5/23 - REST

Saturday, 5/24 - Half marathon trail race in the morning. 5k trail race at night.

Sunday, 5/25 - REST

#FFYoga Update - I spent all afternoon at the pool yesterday. I'd fully intended on getting a pic of Cobra with the change of scenery, but then forgot while I was there. #fail Guess I'll be making up that pose today when I do Upward-Facing Dog.


This yoga challenge has really been awesome!

What's next? Sprinkler Sprint 5k | June 7, 2014. Jeff will be doing this with me and a few other runner friends. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my knee back in shape to have fun with this race. Jeff and I did it together last year, and it was a blast!

what's for dinner?

Here's what I'll be cooking up for dinner this week.

Sunday Vegan Not-Meatloaf leftovers and Mexican Corn

Monday - Potato Salad, Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob

Tuesday - Pasta with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese

Wednesday - Lasagna Cups



Thursday - Pizza Pasta Salad

Friday - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Saturday - Leftovers

I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast and Jill at Fitness, Health, & Happiness. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

7 comments:

  1. Not sure if it's the same recipe but I've made mini lasagna cups and they were awesome! The family loved them and they're great as leftovers. How was the trail race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to try the mini lasagnas! Anything that works well as a leftover is a huge bonus. The 1st trail race was gorgeous! But I hurt my knee and had to walk most of the 2nd. Good thing the 2nd was only a 5k. :-)

      Delete
  2. The lasagna cups looks really good! Sorry to hear about your knee, hope it feels better soon! Solid week of working out. Yoga is so much fun isn't it? I've been practicing a lot and it just makes me happy, even when it's really tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle. It's already starting to feel better. I love yoga, too, but haven't been devoting much time to it - other than the 1 pose each day. It's really gonna be my focus for at least the next few weeks. Hoping it will help cure my pain. :)

      Delete
  3. Those lasagna cups look awesome! What a great idea! I'm also sorry about your knee - hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope the lasagna cups turn out as delicious as the picture. :)

      Delete
  4. Yeah that tank top wod is a good one. I need to do more upper body, but I'm always saying that. Lol.

    ReplyDelete