Friday, May 30, 2014

Ready for the Weekend!

Happy Friday!! Even though it was a short week with Monday being a holiday, I'm more than ready for the WEEKEND!

Ready for the Weekend!


We ordered Bountiful Baskets to pick up this weekend. Yay for fresh produce! I usually drive to pick it up, but we're hoping to hop on our bikes tomorrow morning. We biked to pick up our basket the very first week we participated, and NEVER AGAIN! Oops! That was more than a year ago. Wow!

Speaking of biking, we really need to get back in the saddle. :) We're still hoping to get in our first triathlon this year. Even though, we'll be doing a sprint distance, and we certainly won't be racing, we still need to get used to being back on the bike. We still haven't decided on a specific triathlon. We were thinking about doing the Solana Beach Triathlon in July, but we've decided against that one. I'm still feeling a bit of twinging pain in my butt, and I'm not sure if I'll be ready for that kind of race in just two months. Plus, I'm a bit nervous about doing a tri in the ocean - without living near enough one to practice. :)

In the meantime, I just need to get on my bike MORE! I think I've only biked to work ONCE in the past SEVERAL months. Yikes! I used to be so good about it. Now, I always seem to have one excuse or another or I simply didn't prepare the night before.

In addition to biking to Bountiful Baskets tomorrow, We're also hoping to join a few friends for a trail run/hike Sunday morning! Yay for active weekends. :) I hope I feel good enough after tomorrow's bike ride to head up to Mt Charleston on Sunday. I just want this pain to go away! I know I need to do a little more research on some good stretches and strengthening moves to heal properly. And give it some time.

Now, I've got to get a move on, but here's a random conversation I had with a co-worker earlier this week.

HIM: So, how many marathons did you run this weekend?
ME (being a smart-ass): None.
HIM (looking perplexed): Oh, you took the weekend off?
ME (laughing a little): Not really. I just didn't run any marathons. I only ran a half Saturday morning and a 5k Saturday night.
HIM (looking impressed): Wow. I don't know how you do it.

I love conversations like that! One of the best parts of being a runner is the bragging rights! lol.

What are your weekend plans? Anyone racing?
Do you run for the bragging rights? Or is that just me?


I'm linking up with Jill today for Fitness Fridays.
Go check out how everyone else is celebrating fitness today.
Fitness Fridays

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, definitely no bragging of any kind here. I get enough wrath about my running without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad. Bragging is all kinds of fun. :) Playful bragging, of course.

      Delete
  2. 4-day weekends almost seem LONGER because they are jam-packed with work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. It also didn't help that one co-worker quit and another was sick. That makes for a lot of extra work for me. :)

      Delete
  3. This week has seemed so long. Very ready for the weekend. Biking is one of my favorite group activities! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually gone on a group bike ride. Only ever with just my husband or a friend.

      Delete
  4. It seemed like a long week! I'm ready for the weekend with a race today and I'm attending a live blogging event tomorrow.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a fantastic race this morning and enjoy the blogging event tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. Yep, love the bragging rights:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sub-60 10k is definitely worthy of some bragging rights! :)

    ReplyDelete