Sunday, February 22, 2015

Workout Recap + Feb 22 Meal Plan

Holy cow! Where did this week go?! Work was crazy, as is the usual, it seems lately.

I was able to get in one more class with my ClassPass before my complimentary month ended. Sadly, I was only able to fit in 2 classes with my free pass. #lame

I wish I'd made it a little more of a priority. *sigh*

Toning Ballet at Pole Fitness Studio sounded like fun! And definitely out of my comfortable zone. I'm not very graceful and definitely not a very good dancer, so I thought it would be good for me to try something new. Ooph! This was TOUGH! Many times throughout the class I thought: It's because I'm a runner that I can't bend my leg like that. OR Damn! I need to do more yoga!! Running is keeping me so tight!

I think it might have been just my way of justifying my inflexibility and making me feel better about myself. LOL.

You can read my full review of the studio and this class over on Yelp.

Workout Recap


Sunday: 4.35 mile run + Day 13 of #FlabFreeGGH (20 donkey kicks, 20 bridges, 24 squats) + Day 15 of #FlabFreeGGH (25 scissor kicks, 30 squats, 1 min plank)

Monday: Arms & Core Hand Weight Workout (3x) + Day 16 of #FlabFreeGGH (25 scissor kicks, 30 squats, 1 min plank)

Tuesday: 2.3 mile run (Speed work 30-20-10) + Day 17 of #FlabFreeGGH (30 lunge kicks, 35 squats, 1:10 plank)

Wednesday: Toning Ballet at Pole Fitness Studio + Day 18 of #FlabFreeGGH (30 lunge kicks, 35 squats, 1:10 plank)

Thursday: 3 mile easy run

Friday: Bike commuted to work + Day 20 of #FlabFreeGGH (30 donkey kicks, 30 bridges, 40 squats)

Saturday: REST


What's for Dinner?


What's for Dinner? Week of Feb 22nd

I'm super excited about my meal plan this week! Lots of good stuff, so I hope that I can stick to it this week.

Sunday: Leftover Baked Chimichangas from last night.

Monday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Spiralized Yellow Squash (me) and Penne (Jeff) with red sauce

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Hummus Crusted Chicken

Breakfast:
Overnight oats - no specific recipe; never ended up experimenting with this last week, so it's ON this week.

Lunches:
Wraps
Salads
Leftovers

Snacks/Dessert:
Chips & Salsa
Fruit - apples, blood oranges

Sunday Prep:
Cut potatoes for soup
Slice jicama for salads/wraps
Prep overnight oats
Make yogurt and hummus

What are you cooking up this week?
How were your workouts last week?


Be sure to stop by Laura @ Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers to check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. Yummy. Love chimichangas. I should try making them at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Abby! You totally should. And the recipe I pinned up above includes the MOST delicious slow cooked chicken recipe. You'll love it! :)

      Delete