Monday, March 2, 2015

February Recap + March Goals

Happy March!! I, for one, am super excited for a new month. A fresh start.
Why does it seem that February, the shortest month of the year, always seems so long!?!

Actually, the entire month wasn't so bad; it's just got clouded with kind of a pretty rotten ending. I guess that's why these recaps are so important. To keep me a little grounded and help remember the good times.

February started out with the best thing ever - a fantastically surprising PR at the Big Game 5k.

February 2015 recap

Here are a few more highlights from the month:

I convinced a co-worker to Runch with me one afternoon. We were going to make it a more regular thing, but so far, we've only gone the one time.

I tried out a fun Toning Ballet class at Pole Fitness Studio using my ClassPass.

I read more in February than I have in a very long time!

I fell into a funk the past week or so. :(

February Goal Recap

  • Bike commute at least 4 times - Only made it 2 1/2 times, which I'm still happy about - considering it had been MONTHS since I'd last biked in.
  • Run at least 35 miles - So close! I think I made it 29+ miles, but then this funk hit me like a ton of bricks, and running took a backseat.
  • Take 3 yoga classes - Total failure with this one. Not even a single yoga class was taken. Not even a yoga video at home.
  • Complete the Flab Free February challenge with Tera at Girl Gone Healthy -  I did really well with this for the first 19 days of the month, and then, well, that stupid funk. :(
  • Gain 50 Pinterest followers - Only gained 23, but I didn't really take the time to actually focus on this like I wanted to.
  • Read at least 2 books - Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! I actually read 3 books in February - 2 on my own and 1 with Jeff. :-)

Goals with Jeff Recap

  • Monthly date night - Didn't happen in February. I know, I know. The month with Valentine's Day AND Jeff's birthday, and we didn't manage to get out of the house together. Unless you count the crazy walk to RedBox on Saturday.
  • Read 12 books - Finished book #2. Whoo hoo! We didn't think we were going to, but then we surprised ourselves by finishing a few days early. We even got a jump start on book #3.
  • Buy a house - It's with a little bit of sadness that we've decided to remove this as one of our 2015 goals. Sometimes life has other ideas, and plans have to change. So instead of buying a house, we signed a new 13-month lease at our current apartment. 

Enjoying the Course | March Goals

Yeah. It's going to be a bit of a Do Over month.

What was your best highlight from February?
What are your March goals?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Let me know what methods you find work for gaining Pinterest followers. I am struggling there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, Abby! I need to take some time to focus on this, for sure!!

      Delete
  2. That sucks about not buying a house this year. Hopefully that's something you can look forward to next year. My March goal is to run 100 miles. I almost got there last month (93), so I will do it this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last March, I ran 100 miles. I'm not sure if I've had another 100-mile month since then. Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll kill it after getting so close last month.

      We're pretty much at peace with delaying the house-buying. :)

      Delete
  3. There is a younger cheap screamed, fell out of his mouth discount ray ban sunglasses bones Murong ray ban factory outlet store Tian, jiangzhou gangsters. Murong wind nodded with this kid, ray ban factory outlet store there is no brain http://www.kennadyco.com fool head, son of the son of the first four days of Mo Mo Rong Rong wind. like his ray ban factory outlet store father, can not discount ray ban sunglasses help but ruthless and cunning, and even deeper effort than his father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nike free 3.0 australia never quite such a good nike free 3.0 sale man. Another woman said so dangerous, he residual brain ah, how the nike free 3.0 australiaevent did not hold back hurt too much to do. This is not harm cheap nike free 3.0 his girlfriend. Just envy, jealousy nike free 3.0 australiaand hatred of women said fart, nike free 3.0 online do not stay on top of it safe yet.

    ReplyDelete