Sunday, March 8, 2015

Workout Recap + Mar 8 Meal Plan


Last Monday, I woke up and decided, It's a new week and a new month, so NO MORE FUNK! I forced myself to start working out. I knew I needed to take control, and I'm certainly glad that I did. :)

Workout Recap


Sunday: REST

Monday: 10 squats (#GGHMuscleMarch) + Strong Stride DVD (Program 1)

Tuesday: 2.27 mile run (easy) + 2 sets of 15 reps: Dumbbell Extensions, Dumbbell Triceps Extensions, Dumbbell Bench Press

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: 3.15 mile run + 3 sets of 12 reps: Alternating Dumbbell Curls, Bent Over Rows, Overhead Shoulder Press

Friday: 20 squats (#GGHMuscleMarch) + Strong Stride DVD (Program 1)

Saturday: REST


What's for Dinner?


What's for Dinner? Week of Feb 22nd

We ordered a couple new toys for the kitchen, and I can't wait to play with them this week.

OXO Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer - I've never actually owned a mandoline slicer before. I've already done a little slicing with it, and I'm super excited about how quickly it's going to make dinner and salad prep! Whoo hoo!!

Aroma Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer - I don't know why it took us so long to buy a rice cooker. I've been cooking it on the stove, and it always boils over and make a stinky mess. This one also steams veggies and other things. I'll be using it this week for making stir fry.

Sunday: A variation of Summer Vegetable Tian. I've never tried this before, but it looks so good!



Monday: Slow Cooker Lasagna. Jeff's special request. He loves this stuff! :)

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry. I made this last time we got asparagus in our Bountiful Baskets, and it was the best stir fry I'd ever made, so it will definitely be a staple whenever we get asparagus.



Thursday: Baked Chimichangas

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Hummus Crusted Chicken

Breakfast:
Overnight Spiced Vanilla-Pear Oatmeal
Cheddar Apple Muffins

Lunches:
Salads
Leftovers

Snacks/Dessert:
Chips & Salsa
Fruit

Sunday Prep:
Slice veggies for tonight's tian
Prep sauce for tomorrow's lasagna
Prep salads for this week's lunches
Slow cook chicken for salads and chimichangas

What are you cooking up this week?
How were your workouts last week?


Be sure to stop by Laura @ Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers to check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Both of those breakfast recipes sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! The oatmeal is good, though I think I'd like it a little sweeter. Haven't made the muffins yet, but they sound so good! I can hardly wait to try them.

      Delete
  2. The pear oatmeal sounds wonderful. I love new kitchen gadgets! I had a great feel-good workout week last week. I'm hoping for another one this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Jill! Nothing beats feel-good workout weeks. :-)

      Delete
  3. oakley sunglasses for cheap cheap cried tonight Buzuibugui. Old distant cheap regret, oakley factory outlet store tears oakley sunglasses for cheap already covered his eyes. Saying outlet came to the school gate, cheap turned away, shaking his head sighing, oakley sunglasses for cheap no more want to catch up, the two arms around, smiling man oakley sunglasses for cheap walked in front of sunglasses, she http://www.rotisseriejules.com continued to put kawaii posture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheap Adidas Superstar 2 Legend of cheap http://www.lismore-nsw.com.au hand lane strange, the idea is more confusing, is nonsensical wretched despicable Cheap Adidas Superstar 2 people never follow the routine Adidas Originals australia online of a license, if he's a dog's head out the idea of what a Cheap Adidas Superstar 2 terrorist Cheap Adidas Superstar 2 himself with a few people today come on planted.

    ReplyDelete