Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Let's Run FASTER!


Welcome, #Fitfam!

I'm going a little off topic for today's Fit Dish. Mostly because I somehow missed the topic until this morning. :-/

I wanted to just pop in this morning to talk about speed work.

As you may (or may not) know, one my goals for 2015 (and 2014 and 2013) is to get a sub-25:00 5k. By some miracle, I ran a 26:33 5k back on Feb 1st during the Big Game 5k.

That crazy race made my goal somehow more realistic. I mean, I didn't even feel like I was trying that hard, and had the most difficult time accepting my time after I'd finished.

Even though it seems actually do-able now, I know I've got a lot of work to do to shave off another 1:30+ from my best time.

There are a lot of things that go into running faster - speed work (obvs), but also stretching, strength training, and I love this!

Work on form and fast will follow.

So, I combed through lots of articles that I'd already pinned and created a new board strictly about running faster.

Follow Clarinda's board Run FASTER on Pinterest.

Now, I've just pinned these articles. The next step is to actually READ them. :-)

And then, of course, APPLY them. ;-)

But I feel like this first step was important, so stay tuned for more on which workouts and tips I end up trying and which work and don't seem to work for me.

Now, since today's actual topic isn't too crazy, let me just finish with 5 peeps I'd love to run with one day! AKA my 5 favorite bloggers/runners.

5 People You Would Most Like to Workout With, and/or Be Trained By | The Fit Dish Link-up

Laura from Mommy, Run Fast
Jill (our Fit Dish host)
Katie from From Ice Cream to Marathon I've actually run with her before! An entire marathon.
Tracy from Instagram
Lea from Running with Ollie

What are you favorite ways to increase your speed? Any advice for me or articles I should pin/read?
If you could run with anyone, who would you choose?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

11 comments:

  1. great list! I will check out your running board- I am determined to get faster, I assume the stronger I get, the more I practice then faster I will go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm pretty sure that stronger = faster! Good luck to you.

      Delete
  2. You so have that PR. I can already tell by how you talked about your last one, and the determination in your voice! : ) Great job taking the first step at researching, and amen to running with the #fitfam. WHat a blast and blessing that would be! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so much fun! And yes! This will finally be my year, right?!

      Delete
  3. I just went back and re-read your recap of our marathon. I can't believe we did the first mile in 9:39!!! I totally forgot about that. I don't think I've ever done a mile that fast since!
    Ok Clarinda, we need to find another marathon that we can run together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you and Katie ran an entire marathon together, I read her blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much harder to run slow. KWIM? But, the focus on form with not necessarily running fast pays off in the end. I would be happy to run with you anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to start in some of those. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete