Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Do You Live in the Moment?

Welcome, #fitfam! It's time for the weekly #dishthefit link-up.

This week's {optional} topic is...

The Fit Dish Link-up | Be Present

Hmmm... Do I live in the moment?

I think the answer is both Yes and No.

I'm a planner, you see. Like that time, 3 years ago, we planned a major travel adventure that could have ended with us living in Belize. We sold most of our possessions, bought a van, planned our route. We had a plan.

Part of the plan included a stop in Las Vegas for a reunion with some of my college girlfriends.

And that is where our travel adventure stopped.

NOW, that is living in the moment. :-)

After our pit stop in Vegas, we reassessed our adventure plans and made the decision to settle in Vegas instead.

And this is not an isolated event. We make plans all. the. time. But we're also cool with changing those plans.

How does this relate to fitness?

I like to think I apply this same make-a-plan, change-the-plan mentality to my workouts.

For example, when I'm training for a marathon, I always start with a training plan, but I don't beat myself up if when I stray from that plan. And, I attempt to enjoy all of the training runs as well. And the actual event, of course.

My blog is called Enjoying the Course, after all, and I do try to remember that in all that I do.

Even right now when I'm trying to focus on speed.

So, maybe the true answer to Do I live in the Moment is more YES than No. I think I'm pretty happy about that. :-)

Do you live in the moment?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your outlook, and I am very similar. I am very spontaneous, and follow extremely rough and in-the-moment training plans. But, that's how I LOVE it. I like being able to live in the moment with workouts, throw in the intervals when I feel like it, and maybe pick up a jump rope, try a new TRX move, or pop on the stat bike for what I call, hip hop cycle. It's just fun that way, I keep up my fitness, and I feel like I have had an adventure. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! It's the best outlook to have, imo. :) Fitness should always feel like a fun adventure!!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes, one day at a time is just enough. :) A positive outlook can definitely make a world of difference, though.

    ReplyDelete