Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Recipe: Easy Breakfast Lettuce Wraps

Hello, Fit Fam!

You may or may not realize that I used to have a recipe blog with one of my sisters. It kind of fizzled out, as life got in the way.

So, when Jill posted that the topic for this week's Fit Dish link-up was healthy recipes, I knew it was a great time excuse to resurrect one of the recipes I'd posted over there.

As I was surfing through my archives, this breakfast recipe looked so good!

Easy Breakfast Lettuce Wraps
Scrambled eggs smothered with chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese in lettuce leave. A deliciously healthy way to get some protein into your diet. So simple and easy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients
  • 2 leaves butter lettuce (or any other leaf lettuce)
  • 2 slices tomatoes
  • 2 eggs
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • shredded cheese
  • Frank's Red Hot (optional)

Directions
  1. Rinse and dry lettuce leaves. Chop tomato slices.
  2. Scramble eggs over medium heat, season with salt and pepper.
  3. Divide scrambled eggs evenly over lettuce leaves. Top with shredded cheese and chopped tomatoes. Shake on Frank's Red Hot, if desired.
I can't wait to get some butter lettuce to eat this again! And it would be super easy to dress this up a little by adding more veggies - onions, peppers, etc. Sky's kinda the limit. :)

Now, it's time to #dishthefit and check out all the other delicious AND healthy recipes that other bloggers are sharing today. Check out our hosts Jill Conyers at JillConyers.com or Jessica Joy at TheFitSwitch.org.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

13 comments:

  1. that looks super easy and I would have never thought of that for breakfast- nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would never think to use lettuce for breakfast, my mind is wandering with possibilities now! :) Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I love that this simple little recipe is inspiring you!!

      Delete
  3. Looks super easy and I am BIG fan of easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to breakfast, the easier the better, if you ask me! Well, that's probably true when it comes to anything in the kitchen.

      Delete
  4. I never would've thought to eat these for breakfast, but they'd be awesome! :D Love how colorful they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! And I agree, butter lettuce is awesome! You could really pack these with so much goodness. Thanks for the great idea, Clarinda. And Franks' hot sauce? YESSIREE! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Clarinda. It's a great twist on my breakfast salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should try it, Karen! It really is delicious.

    ReplyDelete