Wednesday, April 12, 2017

National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day!

Did you know that April 12th (today) is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day?

A delicious grilled cheese sandwich is one of the best comfort foods out there! I don't know about you, but I definitely love me a good grilled cheese. So quick. So easy. So delicious!

Think a grilled cheese sandwich is just for kids? Think again.


Here are a few ways to Grow Up your next grilled cheese sandwich.

Bread
When you think grilled cheese sandwich, do you think super processed white bread? It's probably the cheapest option, but there are so many great breads out there! Choose a grownup bread instead. Sourdough is my favorite, but I also love a good marble rye. Whatever your favorite bread is, use it for your next grilled cheese.

Take your grilled cheese sandwich to the next level with these easy tips from @EnjoytheCourse!

Cheese
American isn't the only option for a good grilled cheese sandwich. We almost always use Muenster. Try combining a couple different cheeses for a real decadent sandwich. Or spread some cream cheese on the inside of your sandwich before grilling. OMG! So good. :-)


Add-ins
The easiest way to take your grilled cheese sandwich to the next level is to add in 1 or 2 {or more!} extras. Sliced roma tomatoes are probably my most common add-in. They are perfect to give your grilled cheese just a little something extra. Here are some more add-in ideas:

Tomato slices
Zucchini slices
Yellow squash slices
Roasted red peppers
Spinach
Red onions
Mushrooms
Avocado
Fried egg
Apple slices
Pear slices
Hummus
Pesto
Thinly sliced deli meat

Oh, yeah. The possibilities are simply endless.

Not sure which combination of add-ins to try?

Try one of these delicious recipes instead. Click on the picture to see the recipe.


Savory Pumpkin Grilled Cheese


'Frenched' Strawberry and Cream Cheese Sandwiches

A delicious grilled cheese sandwich is calling YOUR name!

Celebrate #NationalGrilledCheeseSandwichDay with @EnjoytheCourse and a GROWN UP Grilled Cheese!

Do you have a favorite grilled cheese recipe or add-in?
Do you use mayo, Miracle Whip, or butter to make your grilled cheese sandwich?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. My husband introduced me to the magic of cream cheese on a grilled cheese sandwich. So good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, yes! I think I need to buy some cream cheese on my next grocery trip. :)

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of American cheese, but I LOVE sharp cheddar cheese! Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muenster is my favorite, but every once in awhile I do love some sharp cheddar cheese.

      Delete