Sunday, April 16, 2017

Week in Review - 4/16

Nothing too remarkable happened this week. A little yoga. A couple runs.


Quick Low Down of my Workouts:


Apr 10 - April 16
(click picture to visit me on DailyMile)
Yoga:3x | 2h total
Run:2x | 7.1 miles total | Avg pace - 10:55 min/mile


Highlights:


Tone it Up Bikini Series
I signed up for this series. It starts next Monday, 4/24, and runs for 8 weeks. I'm only doing the free version, but you can bundle it with their nutrition plan as well. I did it a couple years ago. Or at least started it. I can't remember if I finished it or not. LOL. I've got a few goals for this year, but I'll post them later this week.



Tuesday evening run
I brought running clothes with me to work, so I could run near work before heading up. My Nike+ app stopped tracking distance when I stopped to snap some pics around mile 2.65.  Boooo. The timer kept going though, so I was able to still get somewhat accurate pace info.

The sky looks menacing, but it was actually quite perfect!

An attempt at airplane, but forgot to keep my arms close to my body.
I'm pleased with how horizontal I got my leg, though.

There. That's a better airplane!

National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
A good grilled cheese sandwich is probably one of my favorite foods! I couldn't let this holiday pass me by. I shared some tips to take your grilled cheese to the next level, and of course, enjoyed a tasty sandwich for dinner.



Thursday morning run
Not sure this really qualifies as a highlight, because it was kind of a sucky run. At least the Westgate was a lit up and pretty.



How were your workouts last week? 
What was a highlight of your week?


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap.


Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

20 comments:

  1. Nice work with the yoga! I keep meaning to add more yoga in and it never happens. Maybe this week? The grilled cheese looks amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! The grilled cheese was so good! Yoga is kinda my thing right now, but I definitely go through stages.

      Delete
  2. I have such tight hamstrings - poses like that a real challenge, but I keep working at them. It's been a few weeks since I've been to yoga but it's on the calendar for this week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love yoga. Some weeks it's the only stretching I do. O.o

      Delete
  3. Nice airplane! Ever since my hamstring injury at a Turkey Trot last year, I've been hesitant with yoga and my flexibility has gone to pot. I need a grilled cheese right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcia! I was surprised at how good my airplane was in a picture. :)

      Hope you enjoyed a nice gooey grilled cheese. ;)

      Delete
  4. I did not know there was a National Grilled cheese day! How could I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done a fitness challenge. Maybe I will look into that bikini series since it is free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tone It Up girls are definitely very supportive and inspiring. They would be great for a first fitness challenge - as they are pretty detailed in their weekly schedules. Let me know if you join!

      Delete
  6. It's damn hot where you are already, I'm sure.

    Tone It Up is a great workout! Love those girls!

    It was just wrong that national grilled cheese day fell during Passover. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I didn't really even think about that. How unfortunate. :(

      Delete
  7. I can't remember the last time I ate a grilled cheese! YUMMY. The Westgate is so pretty. I look forward to running in Vegas this fall! Thanks for linking, Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have one soon! They are kind of a staple in our house. :)

      Delete
  8. I was thinking about grilled cheese yesterday, but didn't have any ingredients. I normally have it as a winter food, but it's so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. National Grilled Cheese Day? I totally missed the memo on that....my fav is grilled cheddar ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh that new Bikini Series sounds interesting. I hope you like it. I totally missed out too on Grilled Cheese Day. It hasn't been that long since I've had one either.
    Always love your City pictures. It's official I'll be there in November I sure our paths will cross!

    ReplyDelete