Tuesday, April 4, 2017

March Report Card

Something happened in March. Well, a lot of things. Things I didn't handle well - mentally, emotionally, physically. It's kind of hard to describe, and I'm not sure I want to publicly.

It was mostly a silent struggle. No one else probably even knew I was struggling. I kept it all bottled inside and struggled to get out of my head. It started out as just an emotional struggle, but it definitely seeped into my physical life as well.

I just felt off.

In my head. In my body.

Even lounging after work in my favorite chair was off. And walking down the hallway at work. Despite all the yoga I was doing, I felt out of alignment.  Like, I couldn't sit or stand straight. It was weird. And frustrating.

Somehow, I was still able to keep up with most of my workouts, and most of my goals are still on track, but it was a real struggle.

I'm ready to put March behind me. I'm ready to get my mind and body back in order.

Report Card

General Running/Training (25%): B+

While it was a tough month for me, and my workouts weren't exactly as planned, I'm choosing not to be too hard on myself. Sure, I took a few more rest days than I'd intended, but I feel like it must have been what my body needed.


Run at least 600 Miles (20%): B

I ended March with just under 20 miles for the month, so I'm a little behind with my goal. January was just shy of 50, but Feb was over 60, so now I need to run about 52 miles per month to achieve 600 miles by the end of the year.



Be More Active in the Local Running Community (20%): F

This goal is proving more and more difficult. With everything going on in March, I just couldn't bring myself to even think about being social by joining a group run.
0 of 8 group runs completed
0 of 3 times volunteering at a local race

{optional} Hike the Grand Canyon R2R2R (5%): A

If you stopped by for coffee on Saturday, then you already know that I've actually decided not to hike the Grand Canyon this year. I'm giving myself an A for this goal, though, because it took some soul searching to make the decision not to go. This goal is being replaced with a kick-ass adventure road trip, and I started doing a little planning this month.


Clean It Out, Use It Up (10%): A

Four more successful weeks of using items already in my cupboard. I've pretty much exhausted everything in my cupboards that had been in there FOREVER, so I'm calling this goal complete. I had intended on doing it the full year, but I feel like it has served its purpose.



12 Trails of 2017 (10%): A

We had a lot of fun discovering First Creek Trail in mid-March. It was a gorgeous day and a gorgeous trail.

Twelve Trails of 2017 - March


Current Events Night (10%): F

I know there is so much going on in the world! But, my evenings were a little too wallowy in March. I couldn't focus on anything more than mindless TV (and sometimes a little yoga). As tempted as I am to drop this goal, I think I just need to buckle down with it in April.


Final Grade for March: C+

Definitely room for improvement here, but at least, it wasn't any worse than February overall. :-)

Cheers to a fantastic April! I will pull myself out of this slump, and I will have a happy month.

How was your March?
Still on track with your 2017 goals?

To see my grades from all year:
January
February

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

No comments:

Post a Comment