Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week in Review - 4/30

I was going write a whole post on my goals for the Bikini Series, but since I haven't done that yet, I'm just going to share them in this post.

Week 1 of the Tone It Up Bikini Series was a SUCCESS! I stayed on top of my goals {for the most part} and am still looking forward to the next 7 weeks.


Apr 24 - April 30
(click picture to visit me on DailyMile)

Bikini Series Week 1 Schedule

On The ScheduleWhat I Did
Mon:Cardio+Arms5 DMs + 1.87 mile Easy Run
Tue:HIITSandy Sweat workout + 5 DMs (3 sets of 15 reps):
Lateral Box Jumps + Step Ups + Pistol Squats + Rock the Boat + Squat to Press
Wed:Booty+Abs+Cardio3.21 mile Easy Run + Evening workout at The Fitness Source
(#TIUVegas meetup)
Thu:Total BodyKettleToning + 5 DMs (3 sets)
Leg extension+crunch (15 reps) + Burpee+plank jack (30 sec)
Curtsy lunge+lateral raise (15 reps) + Deadlifts (15 reps) + Jack knifes (15 reps)
Fri:Yoga+CardioYoga 101 with Stacey
6-Minute Post-Workout Yoga
6-Minute Yoga For Hips
Sat:Arms+AbsBikini Arms & Abs + 23 min Walk with Sallie
Sun:Sunday Runday5 mile Run
DMs = Daily Moves

I skipped the Booty+Abs portion of Wednesdays workout because I knew I was going to the #TIUVegas meetup in the evening. I didn't want to overdo it.

I also skipped Cardio on Friday because I was going to go for a walk after work with Sallie, but I could barely make it through the last couple hours of work due to cramps. Ugh.

Other than that one hiccup on Friday, I feel really good about Week 1. My nutrition was pretty good. I really cut down on snacks/sweets, though I did have some trouble on Friday. Damn female issues!


Highlights of the Week:


Bikini Series Goals
When I decided to do the Bikini Series this year, I made a few goals.

Bikini Series 2017 Goals.

Our fast food consumption has gotten ridiculous! We had gone many months without having any, and then we were up to having it a few times a week. So unhealthy - for ourselves and our pocketbook. If I can cut it out for 8 weeks, I'm confident I'll cut it out for much longer. :) I'm not counting Starbucks, though, but I definitely want to cut down on that as well.

I also want to drink more water (72oz a day) and stick to the workout plan, of course.

Lately, I've been running just under 11 min miles, and I'd love to get that back under 10 min miles. And I would love, LOVE to lose 10 pounds, but I'm not going to beat myself up if the scale doesn't actually move.

A week in, and I finally took some before pictures.



Vacation with a Friend
When my friend wanted to come to Vegas for some girl time, I said YES and took a couple days off work to shop and hang at the pool with her. This was days 2 & 3 of the Bikini Series, so I was a little nervous about eating properly and drinking enough water.  We met for breakfast at the Sugar Factory (I had a spinach egg white omelet), walked around shopping for a few hours, and ate lunch at Stripside Cafe (I had a turkey BLT). I carried a water bottle in my purse to sip throughout the day.

The second day we met for breakfast at the Pantry, where I ate another omelet. We then lounged at the pool for several hours. It was heaven. The weather was absolutely perfect - warm and sunny with a slight breeze.


It was a couple low key days catching up with a friend. A much needed little respite from the normal day-to-day.


Dinner with my Uncle
While shopping on Tuesday, I got a message from my uncle that he was in town and wanted to get dinner. We met at 6:30 and didn't leave the restaurant until 9:45! He's run many a marathon in his day and it was fun to hear some running/racing stories. It was interesting to hear his other stories, too. I'm really glad I was able to make it work to visit with him for a few hours.


#TIUVegas meetup
I'd been looking forward to this meetup for a couple weeks, so I knew I couldn't miss it!

A post shared by Kimiko Peterson (@lvsundevil) on

It turned out to be so much fun to meet other TIU Girls here in Vegas and to have a great workout! We ran drills and did most of the work with a partner. Oh, and we laughed. A lot!

Plus we got some AMAZING swag!!


All in all, it was a great start to the Bikini Series, and I'm excited to see how it will all play out in the next several weeks.

How were your workouts last week? 
What was a highlight of your week?


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap.


Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

12 comments:

  1. Great job on the Bikini Series. Although I'm not a fan of junk food, it's become and easy fix with our hectic schedules (aka I don't want to cook). I don't think I could give up my weekly -- ok, more than that -- Starbucks. How fun to reconnect with a friend. Lounging by the pool sounds heavenly. Thanks for linking, Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun to hang out with a friend at the pool. :)

      Cutting Starbucks to once a week is definitely a challenge. ;)

      Delete
  2. The Bikini Series sounds very doable! I need to come up with a May challenge...oops...I don't have much time to finalize that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl time is fun. I really like TIU, although I haven't done their workouts in a while. But I love how they combine body & spirit.

    I guess a highlight was finishing my race without falling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lazy days catching up with friends like that! One highlight to my week was meeting more members of my SUP ladies group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I give myself one fast-food day a month, and if I don't use it, that's fine. I actually like to cook, but I'll make bigger meals on the weekend to try to get some leftovers. It makes it easier on my running days to just heat food up in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meal prep is definitely becoming a bigger deal for me now.

      Delete
  6. I've had a TIU membership for a few years, but haven't really done any of their workouts. But I'm thinking of trying this one out. Your vacation looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually pay for a membership; I just do the free stuff. They have a lot of great workouts!

      Delete