Saturday, April 1, 2017

Ultimate Coffee Date - April 2017

Happy April!!

It's a new month, which means it's time for the Ultimate Coffee Date!



March ended up being a really difficult month for me, emotionally, but I think I'm ready to pull myself out of my pity party - starting with catching up with all of YOU.

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you that back in 1997 I graduated from a 2-year women's college. It was a wonderful time in my life and some of my best friends are girls I met there. This weekend is our 20-year reunion weekend. I am loving following along on Facebook and reminiscing about my time there, but I'm also very much regretting my decision not to go. It would have been fun to catch up in person as well as see how the campus has changed in the past 20 years. 20 YEARS?! Still, not sure how that is possible.

Graduation Day holding my niece

If we were having coffee today,  I would tell you that I've decided not to hike the Grand Canyon this summer. It was an optional goal of mine for 2017, but the more I thought about it the more overwhelming it became, and the more the excitement wore off. Plus, I didn't feel up for the challenge of the training it would require.

Instead, I'm going to focus on planning a kick-ass adventure road trip for my 40th birthday in August. It will involve lots of hiking and lots of waterfalls. I'm in the very early stages of planning right now, but there will be stops in Northern CA, Southern Oregon (think Crater National Park), and the Columbia River Gorge (Northern Oregeon). I'm 99% sure we'll be including a hike to the Oneonta Falls.


If we were having coffee today, I'd tell you I'm probably going to be switching up my hairstyle this weekend. We'll see how creative I get. It might just be a simple color change, or I might go a bit bolder with some cutting involved. Whatever I do, I'm sure I'll post pics on Instagram. Unless it's a total disaster. 😉

In addition to changing up my hair, I'm also excited to play around with some new makeup that I got free from Influenster. I haven't really been taking time for makeup in the mornings, but it's time to get back to it. Or maybe it's an excuse to go out and do something fun soon.


Well, that's it for now! If I'm going to get all fancy with my hair and makeup, I better get to it before the weekend is over. It's funny how quickly the weekend can fly by.

If we were having coffee today, what would you tell me?
Do you ever drastically change your hair?
How do you pull yourself out of a slump?


Have a fabulous weekend! And, be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

13 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing more about your birthday trip and hike sounds fabulous. I did not go to my HS reunion either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it, too! I hope the planning comes together smoothly and the trip goes even smoother. :)

      Delete
  2. Reunions can be hard ...sometimes you really just aren't in the mood to go but then you wish you had gone. There's always the 30 year one! :)

    That birthday trip sounds great! The hubs and I were actually considering something very similar for this summer ...we were going to fly into San Francisco, rent a car then take a week to drive north to Seattle taking in the Redwoods, crater lake, etc... along the way. We'll save that one for next year maybe. I'll follow along with you and get tips! :)

    Glad you're feeling better Clarinda ...but hey, we all need a good pity party every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you on the reunion thing. I'm hoping for the 25, but yes, there's always the 30 year. ;-)

      I'm so excited for my birthday trip!! Hopefully, I will have some good tips for you.

      Delete
  3. My hair is constantly evolving...nothing super extreme, but I can't stand to wear it the same way all the time. I'm in Iowa, after all, and there are many gals here still sporting the same 'do from their senior year of high school. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That's funny! I change up my hair pretty frequently as well.

      Delete
  4. I have been all over the board with my hair. My mom was a stylist so I had the freedom to do whatever I liked (as long as it was not harsh to my hair or scalp). Now I rock a pixie died platinum blond. As long as you have the confidence you can rock anything. I hope you make the drastic change!!! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Missy! I dyed it yesterday and will get to chopping today. I don't really have a plan, so hoping it turns out cute. :)

      Delete
  5. I wish we were having coffee together today. I really miss you. Although it would have been nice to see how Cottey has changed and grown, I would rather just hang out with my suitemates, like we did 5 years ago. I haven't cut my hair since August. It feels like cupcake frosting on my head. In my imagination it looks like Carrie from Sex in the City. Edis says it looks like Einstein. Pretty much sums that up. I'm an emotional mess, and will thrive on your determination to have a better month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Molly! I wish we were having coffee together, too. :) Let's strive together to have a better month! And maybe plan another Co-Thom reunion soon.

      Delete
  6. Wow! 20 years... that does feel like a special milestone. Bummer you can't make it. I'm terrible at makeup... need to start using it sometime in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was kind of a bummer, but not very many people were able to attend, so I don't feel too bad about missing it.

      Delete
  7. Love the new hair style -- super cute!

    ReplyDelete