Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week in Review - 5/07

Another successful week of the Bikini Series! I didn't miss a workout and feel like I'm recovering a bit faster after them now. I still get sore, but it doesn't last as long.

Goal Check-In:
NO Fast Food ✔
Starbucks 1x per week ✔
72 oz of water a day ✔
Stick to the workout plan ✔
Sub 10:00 min/mile - Current pace: 10:41
Lose 10 lbs - ↓ 4.2 lbs


May 1 - 7
(click picture to visit me on DailyMile)

Bikini Series Week 2 Schedule

On The ScheduleWhat I Did
Mon:HIIT+BootyHump Day HIIT + 5 DMs (3 sets of 15)
Kettlebell Swings + Sumo Squat to Overhead Press + Bridge Dips +
Stationary Lunges (each leg) + Curtsy Lunge (each leg)
Tue:Total BodyCoachella Booty 'n Abs Workout + Totally Toned Workout
Wed:Abs+Cardio3 DMs (3 sets of 15 each side) + 30 min run
Scissor Kick Crunch + Side Plank Hip Dips + Side Plank Crunch
Thu:Yoga+Arms15 min Yoga Flow + 5 DMs (3 sets of 15)
Single Leg Curl to Press + Upright Row + Plank Triceps Extension (15 each side)
Bridge Fly + Cross Body Hammer Curl (15 each side)
Fri:Cardio+Booty3 mile run + DMs (3 sets of 15)
I can't remember what the DMs were
Sat:ArmsInstaLIVE workout with Karena!
Sun:Sunday Runday5 DMs (3 sets of 15) + 6.3 mile trail run
Dead Lifts + Skaters (each side) + Side Lunges (each side) + Deep Squats + Burpees (30 sec)
DMs = Daily Moves


Highlights of the Week:


The Most Delicious Green Smoothie
I made a big batch of Vanilla Cinnamon Kale Smoothie and froze 3 jars to enjoy throughout the week. They were perfect for rushing out the door! I'll share the recipe tomorrow, so be sure to stop by for the secret ingredients that made it so delicious.


A Low Key Saturday
I started the day volunteering at Bountiful Baskets and bringing home lots of delicious produce for the week. Then I did the InstaLIVE workout with Karena from Tone It Up! It was a killer arms workout. After the workout, I enjoyed some protein coffee (coffee with vanilla protein powder instead of cream or sugar) with Sallie out on the patio.



Sunday Runday
I got a bit of a late start, but it stayed nice and cool for my run. I went to play on the trails that we discovered for April's new trail of the year. It was so much fun! Definitely a good place to do some hill training. There were some really steep hills and a lot of rolling hills.





The pictures don't really do it justice! I promise it was fun - even if it was quite slow.

How were your workouts last week? 
What was a highlight of your week?


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap.


Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

14 comments:

  1. Wow, way to go with your goals! My running workouts were great last week, but I lacked any strength or yoga, like I had been regularly incorporating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! Sometimes, it's so hard for runners to remember to incorporate strength or yoga - because we'd rather be running! :)

      Delete
  2. Great job keeping up with the series! I get the emails but I gotta admit I haven't been doing the workouts! I try to pull it up on their Instagram but I can never see the whole video. I have saw a few on youtube. That smoothie sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My smoothie recipe is live, if you want to check it out. :)

      I have their Daily Workouts page bookmarked, so finding the daily moves / videos is easy. Otherwise, I would probably slack off, too.

      Delete
  3. I did a lot of strength work, but only one run. I need to be better this week since I'm in the final couple of weeks before my race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Final couple weeks? So, it's taper time! Maybe it's not so bad to be focusing a bit more on strength...?

      Delete
  4. Great job with your workouts! You've definitely been keeping active. The smoothie sounds great, I've haven't made any in ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle! I really come and go with smoothies. Some weeks I love them and some weeks I just want something else. You should try this one, though. :)

      Delete
  5. Great job on your progress this week! I need to limit my Starbucks. My wallet would thank me. I'm definitely going to try the vanilla protein powder in my coffee. It looks like you found another wonderful trail. Thanks for linking, Clarissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Starbucks can really add up! You should definitely try adding the protein powder to your coffee. It's delicious. :)

      Delete
  6. Your trails look so pretty! I wish we had trails around here like that. We do have trails, but they are in the forest preserve and it's kind of dangerous to run there alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary! I used to be kind of scary to run some of our trails along (hello, rattlesnakes!), but I've come to really enjoy my alone time out in nature.

      Delete
  7. Solid workouts this week, Clarissa! Protein Coffee?! I'm intrigued and a little scared :) At least it would make my morning coffee more "filling"!

    ReplyDelete