Sunday, May 28, 2017

Week in Review - 5/28

Ooph! This was kind of a tough week. So much more mindless snacking during the workday than in the first half of the series. FOR NO GOOD REASON! But isn't that usually the case with mindless snacking?! :-)

Work is still crazy, but it was a little less busy this week. I think that played into the additional snacking. Boredom. Whoops.

I did create the most delicious kale salad one morning. I'll share the recipe soon, but it was so good!

Goal Check-In:
NO Fast Food ✔
Starbucks 1x per week ✔
72 oz of water a day ðŸ˜’ - I fell short both Tues & Fri
Stick to the workout plan ✔
Sub 10:00 min/mile - Current avg pace: 10:31
Lose 10 lbs - ↓ 6.8 lbs

May 22-28
(click picture to visit me on DailyMile)

Bikini Series Week 5 Schedule

On The ScheduleWhat I Did
Mon:Arms + AbsCore Strength Ritual (Yoga with Adriene) + 5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side)
Arnold Press + Bridge Fly + Overhead Triceps Extension + V-Set & Curls + Toe Touch Crunches
Tue:Abs + CardioTotally Toned Abs + 3 mile run
Wed:Total BodyTotal Body Toning
Thu:Booty5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side) + 30 min walk break during work
Deep Squat + Single Leg Deadlift + Single Arm Kettlebell Swing + Curtsy Lunge & Leg Lift + Jump Squats
Fri:Arms + HIITTIU Flex Friday +  5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side)
Star Jacks + Power Kicks + Burpees + Row & Press + Bicycle Crunches
Sat:Yoga + Toning5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side) + Power Yoga: Twisty Twists
Bikini Walkout + Standing Side Crunch + Tricep Pushup & Booty Kickback + 
Plank Jacks + Single Leg Bridge Dips
Sun:5K + Stretching5 mile run + Stretching
DMs = Daily Moves


Highlights of the Week:


Tunes Tuesday 
I put all my favorite new songs of 2017 together into a Spotify playlist. You can check it out here. I'll be sharing another playlist on Tuesday, so be sure to come back and check that one out, too.

Ben & Jerry's non-dairy frozen desserts 
I probably shouldn't consider this a highlight, but sometimes when it's in the triple digits, you just want a frozen treat. I'm sure there are better things to choose, but I was still excited to see that Ben & Jerry's has come out with non-dairy options, and they taste GOOD!


Delicious kale salad
I whipped this up Thursday morning. It was very quick to put together, but I was already running late, and I didn't really have time to make this. Yeah, I was a bit late to work, but it was totally worth it once lunchtime rolled around.


Walk break during work
Since signing up for Spotify, I've been listening to music much more. Including at work, which I rarely ever do. On Thursday, I took that music on a walk break to get out of the office and enjoy the sunshine. It was delightful.


May StrideBox
I finally dug into my StrideBox. It got put on a shelf when it arrived, and I kind of forgot about it. Whoops! So much fun stuff, too. I'm especially excited about the cooling towel.


Saturday morning yoga
While tough, I loved this yoga video so much! {link above in the summary} Even when I struggled with the poses or flow, I kept thinking how much I was enjoying myself. It was kind of incredible.

5 mile run
BlogFest is coming up in July (I'm so excited!!), and we're doing a group run Thursday morning. Since it's at the Convention Center, which is my neck of the woods, I offered to help come up with a route for us to take. 3 miles of today's run was a preview of a possible route. I don't think it will be the one we do, because it's through some sketchier areas.

Progress Pics
As promised, I took some progress pics. Tell me you can see the subtle changes. 😉 I still have a ways to go, and I doubt that I'll be there by the end of the Bikini Series, but I'm on my way!


What's a highlight from your week?
What are you looking forward to this summer?


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap.


Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

26 comments:

  1. I definitely have weeks of more snacking hormonal maybe? You had a pretty solid week of workouts looking good! Hope you will share your kale salad on meatless Monday one week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a different salad scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm hoping to share this one the following week. :)

      Delete
  2. Mindless munching is a constant struggle for me - usually after dinner. Cool to be helping plan the running route for Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I'm having fun planning the route. I volunteered since my normal everyday route includes the hotel that we'll be starting at, so it just made sense for me to scope out a good route. :)

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your kale salad recipe because it looks really good!

    I struggle with mindless snacking too. I know I do it out of boredom. It's always a work in progress for me to stop snacking as much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on posting my kale salad a week from tomorrow. In the meantime, you'll just have to drool over this picture. lol

      Some days I just can't control myself from getting a small cup of snacks from the kitchen area at work. I, at least, try to reach for the nuts first - instead of the candy. :)

      Delete
  4. I can see some differences in the pics! There's more definition in the second pic. You'll probably see more obvious differences in a few more weeks...it seems a lot of differences (not just with you,but in general) are always more pronounced the farther into the program the person gets...almost an exponential change (if that makes sense?). Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim! I'm definitely hoping to see some exponential change. :D

      Delete
  5. I can't say I have any mindless snacking--I'm aware and alert whenever I'm snacking, sadly! We have so much candy at work. It takes a ton of willpower to walk away! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My company stocks snacks for us, but at least it's not always candy. Oftentimes there is at least a nut option, so I can get some protein in my snack. :)

      Delete
  6. Snacking is my favorite pastime, haha! I miss the days when I could eat whatever I wanted. You definitely look more toned in your progress pics. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think snacking is ok, if you're making good choices. :-)

      Thanks so much! I've been working really hard for the past 5 weeks and hope to keep it up to see even better results.

      Delete
  7. You can definitely see that your arms have become more tone. Great work!
    I need to update my playlist so badly! Every time I do an update I can't wait to get out for a walk so I can enjoy the songs. I find that when I run with music it is more for the background noise because I rarely remember what I heard..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. There's definitely something exciting about creating a new playlist that makes you want to go for a walk or a run. I'll often miss songs while I'm running, too, because it fades into the background.

      Delete
  8. I do the mindless snacking while I'm preparing our dinner. And I don't know why! I do see the changes in your pics. Keep it up! I haven't had Ben & Jerry's in forever. I can't even go down that aisle at the grocery store! Thanks for linking, Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That's pretty smart to avoid the ice cream aisle. :) I often snack while making dinner too! I don't get it either. I mean, seriously?! Why can I wait until dinner is ready?! :-D

      Delete
  9. That salad looks AMAZING!!! And isn't the Stridebox from last month so much fun? I love everything in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! It did have some great stuff in it, didn't it?!

      Delete
  10. Last year when I had to go dairy free while breastfeeding my son, I was so happy to see those non-dairy Ben and Jerry's options. They were so delicious, and I honestly couldn't taste the difference between it and traditional ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that kale salad looks so fresh and DELICIOUS! Can't wait to see the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I can definitely see some change in your pics! Keep it up and I think you'll see even more of a difference in a few more weeks! I need to take on your Bikini challenge myself ...I have a trip to Hawaii coming up in August and I'm not looking forward to putting my bikini on :(

    Oh and let me tell you.... May was my first Stridebox and I have loved that cooling towel! It works really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This Bikini Series has been tough, but I'm so proud of myself to giving it my all.

      I'll be hosting a fitness challenge in July/Aug to celebrate my 40th birthday. Stay tuned for more details, but I think you'll enjoy it.

      I still need to try the cooling towel, but I'm glad to hear that you loved it.

      Delete
  13. Your kale salad looks like something I would pick up in a restaurant, so good! I've been struggling with the snacking too, so I've been doing my best to surround myself with healthy options as best as I can! And isn't Spotify the greatest thing ever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some weeks, snacking is so hard to control! I try to choose healthy options, but sometimes I just want the sugar. :(

      Delete