Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April Report Card

Where did April go? I mean seriously. It was 1000x better than March, and it really flew by.

I'm having a very difficult time believing it is May already. :-)

April Report Card

General Running/Training (25%): A

I'm giving myself a solid A for April! I logged 5-6 workouts each week. I did a LOT of yoga. My running isn't exactly where I was in January/February. I'm trying to come back slowly {and smart} so I can come back stronger than before! I mostly stuck to 3 mile runs with a 4 and a 5 smattered in there.


Run at least 600 Miles (25%): B

I managed slightly more miles in April than I did in March, but nowhere near where I need to be for this goal. I'm still feeling pretty confident, though, so I'm keeping this at a B. I need to average about 55 miles per month going forward. I'm kind of holding out hope that one or two months will be stellar enough to make up for these slower months.



Be More Active in the Local Running Community (25%): B+

I actually managed to volunteer at a race this month! It was so much fun!! I manned an aid station for the ultra runners. They stopped by around mile 16.5 and then again around mile 20. I was the only volunteer at this station, so I had to set up and take down by myself. I didn't mind, though. There were a lot of people out and about who asked a lot of questions about what I was doing. I loved bragging about how far the runners were running.
0 of 8 group runs completed
1 of 3 times volunteering at a local race
While I didn't go on any group runs, I did attend a group fitness class. It was fun and a great workout!


12 Trails of 2017 (20%): A

We attempted a picnic for National Picnic Day on April 23. Perfect time to check out a new trail! Unfortunately, our MRE didn't heat properly, so that was a bummer. Then it was SUPER windy and hot in the direct sunlight. It was a fun trail system, though. I can't wait to go back for some trail running!

Twelve Trails of 2017 - April


Current Events Night (5%): F

Another month without a current events night. Boooo. Not sure what I want to do with this goal. Jeff and I are working toward a different project that is very time-consuming, so this might need to go by the wayside. Or perhaps I need to revamp it a bit in May. Hmmm. I'll have to give it some thought.


Final Grade for April: B+

Overall, I'm really pleased with April! I didn't have nearly the mental/emotional issues that I had in March. I made some good strides to getting my running legs back. I volunteered at a race. I discovered a new trail with Jeff.

It was a good month. :)

How was your April?
Do you still check-in with your 2017 goals?

To see my grades from all year:
January
February
March

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

No comments:

Post a Comment