Monday, May 8, 2017

Vanilla Cinnamon Kale Smoothie

Once upon a time I tried a Green Tea Latte from Starbucks. I wasn't a huge fan.
It tasted too earthy. Too green.

One of the primary ingredients was matcha powder.

So, when I received a big package of matcha in my goodie bag from the #TIUVegas meetup a couple weeks ago, I wasn't sure I'd like/use it.

I took a shot and experimented with it in a smoothie.

It was heaven!

The other secret ingredients that made this smoothie super delicious were the cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla protein powder. Oh, and the apple juice. These ingredients really helped make the smoothie delectable.

Vanilla Cinnamon Kale Smoothie


Takes , serves 4.

Ingredients

  • 1 bunch kale, stems removed
  • 2 cups almond milk, original unsweetened
  • 1 cube Pop&Cook crushed ginger
  • 125 g zucchini
  • 358 g strawberries
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp matcha powder
  • 8 oz apple juice
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Instructions

  1. Blend kale and almond milk together.
  2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
  3. Divide equally into mason jars. Drink one immediately and freeze or refrigerate the other 3 to enjoy throughout the week.
What's your favorite smoothie ingredient?


I'm linking up today with Deborah and Sarah for Meatless Mondays.
Confessions of a Mother Runner

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. You packed a lot of goodness into that smoothie! Now that it's getting warmer I will probably start drinking them again. Thanks for linking up today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! I hope you give this one a try. It was seriously so delicious.

      Delete