Sunday, October 29, 2017

Run Laughlin Half Marathon Training Week 5

I would say this was a good week of training! But, I really struggled to wake up too many of the days. I miss the days when I could just pop right out of bed when my 5AM alarm went off. I want to get back to those days. Part of it is actually getting to bed on time, which I have been slacking on a bit. :-(

Run Laughlin Half Marathon Training Recap

Training Recap Week 5: 10/23 - 10/29

Monday, 10/23
Plan - REST
Actual - Quick-Hit Lower Body + Quick-Hit Abs
I actually did some strength training this week! These two workouts in the Nike+ app had me feeling the burn for a couple days! Gotta love them DOMS!


Tuesday, 10/24
Plan - Recovery Run | 3.50 miles | Easy pace
Actual -  3.51 miles | 35:42 | 10'11" pace
I worked from home on Tuesday, so it didn't really matter that I left late for my run. Having that extra time of not needing to commute made a world of difference.


Wednesday, 10/25
Plan - REST
Actual - REST
I took a rest day but still got up early to give myself a pedicure before work. I ran out of time to paint my nails, but it was nice to give my feet a little TLC. It had been way too long.

Sallie buried in pillows
Silly girl burrows right into the mound of pillows!

Week 5 of #RunLaughlin training is in the books! @EnjoytheCourse is now halfway to race day!

Thursday, 10/26
Plan - Speed | 12x200 meters | HARD pace | 3:30 rest
Actual - 10x200m | 12'58" pace
It was SO hard to get out of bed. I left pretty late and was distracted most of this run trying to figure out the timing and distance. The 3:30 rest periods killed me. They seemed to never end. Granted, I did walk a lot of them. Not necessarily because I needed to but because I was concerned about getting the distance right. Ugh. Turns out, I should have just jogged them. I would have finished a bit earlier and possibly could have squeezed in 2 more intervals. Instead, I was left feeling a bit off when I finished. It should have been a good speed work session, but I was my own enemy out there.


Friday, 10/27
Plan - REST
Actual - 5.75 miles | 1:03:38 | 11'04" pace
Again, I couldn't get my patootie out of bed! I even reset my alarm to 6:25 to get some extra sleep. I think I finally got out of bed at 6:40 and then had to hustle to get to work on time. I made sure to pack run clothes, so I could get in a run after work. This run was OK. Hard to get my head into the right space, but I plugged away until it was done.

At least there was a lovely sunset!


Saturday, 10/28
Plan - Long Run | 9 miles | Comfortable pace
Actual - REST
We spent the day at NHRA and walked a lot! I had no problem getting all my steps in and ended the day with 12,771 steps.



Sunday, 10/29
Plan - Recovery Run | 5.75 miles | Easy pace
Actual - 9.00 miles | 1:37:20 | 10'49" pace
I ran the same route as last Sunday, but in reverse so I could enjoy a downhill finish. :-) It definitely seemed a bit easier out there today! I have an alert on my Garmin for take a sip of water every half mile, and those alerts seemed so close together! The distance was just flying by and I got proof by increasing my overall pace from 10'58" last week to 10'49" this week. Woot woot! I did have some aches during the run, but not from my toe, so that's super exciting! After the run, I thought, oh hey! I don't remember my toe hurting at all today.



Numbers
Runs: 4 runs | 21.73 total miles
Strength: 1 days
Yoga: 0 sessions

Had to rearrange some runs again this week, but I'm happy to have gotten them all in. I'm feeling pretty good about training so far and am glad to be mostly back on track. Now, if I can just get my sleep back under control.

Join me for Run Laughlin! VegasCD saves you 15% off registration.

Next week's meals:
I have a big work event tomorrow night and possibly Tues night, so I don't need as many meals prepped this week. Here's the best I've got so far. I'm tired from my run and don't feel much like meal planning. lol

Breakfast:
French Toast Overnight Oats
Zucchini Matcha Muffins
Smoothies

Lunch:
PBJs
Tuna salad sandwiches

Dinner:
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken & Potatoes


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunrise! A trip kept me exercising inside last week - I really miss my running and bike rides.

    ReplyDelete