Sunday, October 15, 2017

Run Laughlin Half Marathon Training Week 3

Week 3 of training wasn't much better than week 2. Unfortunately. :-( My toe was still hurting, plus my road trip was still happening. Since my toe was hurting, I didn't even pack running clothes for my trip. It turned out OK because I didn't really have time to run. Plus, it was quite chilly in central WA. I did manage to get in 10k steps each day, though many of those steps were upper body only. I did manage 2 runs this week, so I think I'll be able to get back on the training track for Week 4.

Run Laughlin Half Marathon Training Recap

Training Recap Week 3: 10/09 - 10/15

Monday, 10/09
Plan - NTC Workout: Dynamic Restorative Yoga
Actual - NTC Workout: Dynamic Restorative Yoga
This was a workout in the Nike app. It was OK. Definitely not good enough to become a favorite. :) But it did feel good to stretch it out a bit. I did this at my bro-in-law's. Their dog wasn't used to someone doing yoga, and he kept getting right up in my space. It was kind of hilarious.


Tuesday, 10/10
Plan - REST
Actual - REST
We were back on the road all day. The scenery was gorgeous.

Bridgeport, WA

Dry Falls / Sun Lake, WA

Dry Falls / Sun Lake, WA

Dry Falls / Sun Lake, WA

Central Washington


Wednesday, 10/11
Plan - Benchmark Run
Actual - Hiking/exploring Cathedral Gorge
The one stop I wanted to make on our road trip was to Cathedral Gorge. I've been wanting to go for a few years but never made the time for the 3 hour drive. All the pics looked so amazing, but experiencing it in real life was unbelievable. We arrived super tired and not super excited, but once we got down into the slot canyons, we had a blast!

Cathedral Gorge State Park, NV

Cathedral Gorge State Park, NV

Cathedral Gorge State Park, NV

Cathedral Gorge State Park, NV

Still road tripping for Week 3 of #RunLaughlin training, but @EnjoytheCourse did manage a few workouts & a virtual 5k.

Thursday, 10/12
Plan - Recovery Run | 4 miles | Easy pace
Actual - 20 min of this challenging beginner yoga video
My toe still hurt a bit, so I attempted a little yoga instead. My Internet tripped out after 20 min, so I had to cut it short. I did take Sallie for a longish walk in the evening as well.


Friday, 10/13
Plan - 5.5 mile Recovery Run | Easy pace
Actual - 3.06 mile run | 35:36 | 11'38" pace
My toe was still hurting a bit, but I wanted to test it out with a run. I did 3:1 intervals. This was my first run since my fall on Oct 1st. It felt really hard overall. Not just because of my toe.


Saturday, 10/14
Plan - REST
Actual - REST
This was a very lazy day!


Sunday, 10/15
Plan - 8.25 mile Long Run | Comfortable pace
Actual - The Great Pumpkin Virtual 5K | 39:06 | 12'37" pace
My toe still hurts a bit, but my friend Janel met me for a virtual 5k at Wetlands Park. It was a gorgeous morning with the perfect weather. I created a course and uploaded it to my Garmin. It's the first time I tried to use the map app, and it was working great for the first 3/4 mile, but then I lost the map and we had wing it for the rest of the route. We didn't end up going the exact route I planned, but we got in our 3.1 miles. Slowly. Mostly due to all the pausing to consult various maps. :-)

#GreatPumpkinRun 2017 | Clark County Wetlands Park, NV

Clark County Wetlands Park, NV

Numbers
Runs: 2 runs | 6.16 total miles
Strength: 0 days
Yoga: 2 session

I've got a lot of work to still do, but it's only week 4. My toe still hurts, but running the two runs was OK. I'll definitely try to get back to more consistent training now that I'm back home.

Join me for Run Laughlin! VegasCD saves you 15% off registration.

Next week's meals:
Despite being back home Thu and Fri, but still on vacation from work, I did very little meal planning for next week. I did make a large soup yesterday that will be good for a couple more meals.

Breakfast:
Cinnamon-Medjool Date Oatmeal
French Toast Overnight Oats

Lunch:
Leftovers or PBJ sandwiches

Dinner:
Leftover soup
Hamburgers
Tuscan Style White Bean slow cooker meal - I found a kit at Walmart that you just add sausage and milk to. I think I'll add in some spinach, too.

I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

17 comments:

  1. Great pics! I hope your toe is feeling better and you are able to get back into the swing of things now that you are back home. At least you still managed plenty of steps each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough, but I'm so glad I was still able to get my steps in. :)

      Delete
  2. That's still quite a lot of steps! I think sometimes I do more on vacation than I do in my regular routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I took more active vacation. If I hadn't hurt my toe a few days prior to leaving, I definitely would have squeezed in a few runs as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Those canyons look beautiful! I'd love to see those in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so amazing! Far better in person than I imagined from pictures.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I hope that white bean meal with sausage is good! That sounds like it would be right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible road trip! Cathedral Gorge looks like an amazing place to explore ...I'm making a mental note of this for our West coast trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty small park but totally worth it if you're able to make a stop.

      Delete
  6. That gorge looks STUNNING! Wow! Wow! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathedral Gorge looks amazing! We've been to Royal Gorge in CO. If you are ever in the vicinity, check that out. I hope your toe will stop hurting. Did you see a doc about it? Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really should make a trip to CO sometime! My toe is really feeling a lot better now.

      Delete
  8. That gives off an impression of being fabulous anyway i am still not very beyond any doubt that I like it. At any rate will look much more into it and choose by and by!  how many steps in a mile running

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is no guarantee that things can still not go wrong, but it does give peace of mind knowing that the company is still going to be around to repair anything that might have gone wrong. Asphalt Paving Amarillo TX

    ReplyDelete