Saturday, November 4, 2017

Ultimate Coffee Date - November 2017

I feel like I say this every. single. month, but didn't October simply fly by?! I can hardly believe we are already in November. It's just crazy, but it is the first Saturday in November, which means it's time to catch up over coffee at the Ultimate Coffee Date! So, grab a cup of your favorite beverage and let's chat. I'm sipping on some Starbucks pumpkin spice coffee that I brewed at home. It's pretty good.

Ultimate Coffee Date - November 2017

If we were having coffee, I'd start by telling you that I was a few days late to October's coffee date, so I missed linking up with all of you. I tried to pop over to most of your posts, but in case you missed mine, you can read it here.

I was in the middle of a road trip and didn't have a chance to post it. I've shared a lot of my road trip photos on Instagram or in my weekly updates, but here's a few in case you missed them.

















We had a better road trip than we were expecting! I'm glad we got to see so much beauty.

If we were having coffee, I'd tell you about my running in Oct. You may recall that I fell on 10/01 and didn't run again until 10/13. I still squeaked out 60+ miles! I'm pretty happy about that. My October runs included the Great Pumpkin Run, a virtual race that I convinced my friend Janel to do with me. We took it nice and slow because she hadn't run in awhile plus my toe was still bothering me a bit. I also ran the Lululemon Ghost Race twice. There was the option to run the route solo or join one of the scheduled group runs. I ran it with a group both times.





If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that we did some fun non-running activities this month as well. We checked out the LV Balloon Festival one evening. It was really cool to see the balloons all lit up.


We also went to the NHRA drag races at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. We loving going to the races and especially watching the Nitro Dragsters. They are so loud! Don't worry, we always wear ear protection.



If we were having coffee, I'd tell you my company went through a big re-brand earlier this year (we are now ThriveHive) and was one of the sponsors of the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open golf tournament this past week. A lot of the top executives were in town and there was a presentation from Google (we are a digital marketing company). It was interesting and a fun break from the regular work week.

One evening after after work, I took a couple people to Red Rock. They were from OH and MA and were blown away by the beauty of the mountains. It was really cool to see the amazement in their faces.




That's about it for me. We crammed a lot into October, and I'm hoping for a slightly less busy November. We will be volunteering at the Valley of Fire Half Marathon next weekend and then hiking afterwards, but nothing else really planned for the rest of the month.

What's new with you? If we were having coffee, what would you want to chat about?


Thanks for joining me today! Be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

The Ultimate Coffee Date. Join Us!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

16 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a lot of activity packed into October. The pictures from your trip are fantastic! 60 miles for half a month? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was surprised how much we did when I was looking back through my photos from Oct.

      Delete
  2. I love all those pics! And the static (?) in the dogs hair ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That balloon festival looks very cool! You sure did squeeze a lot into the past few weeks. Thanks for joining us for coffee today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little crazy how much we did in October! The balloon festival was very cool. I went a couple years ago in the morning to see the balloons take off, and the nighttime visit was equally cool.

      Delete
  4. You had a crazy October! And I love that you were wearing your IDEA World shirt in your picture by the Golden Gate Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to Valley of Fire once and have always wanted to go back! We've been to Red Rocks several times.

    Your road trip looks fantastic (obviously I've been in kind of an IG hole lately).

    I had no idea that LV had a balloon festival. We went for a ride in one in Napa many years ago, and to the big festival in Albuquerque many years ago, too. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Valley of Fire in a few years and Jeff has never been, so I'm looking forward to spending some time out there next weekend. We'd love to take a balloon ride sometime and should keep our eyes out for a good groupon. :)

      Delete
  6. Aww, so many gorgeous photos! I miss California--hoping that I'll eventually be making my way back over there! (I want to do a cross-country roadtrip at some point... *-*!) The Ghost Race sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    I hope you have a less stressful November!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an amazing road trip! We did something similar a few years ago after I ran Big Sur--we drove to Yosemite and then back to SF. I love California!

    I also am digging that donut rack...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our road trips! The donut rack was pretty sweet. ;-)

      Delete
  8. It sounds like you had a wonderful month, and yes it did go by quickly! I did the Ghost Race too...it was fun and I'd definitely do it again next year!

    I would love to see Red Rock someday...the pictures are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come out to Vegas, and I'll take you on a hike. :) The Ghost Race was fun; I hope they do it again next year.

      Delete