Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Ultimate Coffee Date - October 2017

I'm a little late to the party, but is it ever really too late to catch up over coffee? The Ultimate Coffee Date is one of my favorite times of the month. So, grab a cup of coffee or tea or hot cocoa. Or warm apple cider! Let's catch up!!

Ultimate Coffee Date - October 2017

If we were having coffee, I'd probably tell you about our road trip. We weren't really looking forward to it because it was more of an obligatory trip instead of one just for fun. We hadn't been up to the PNW in 5 years since stopping through on our way to Las Vegas. Jeff's mom wanted us to come up for a visit since it had been so long. It was just the excuse we needed to make the drive up to Jeff's brother's, too. We left a tote with them and it was beyond time to retrieve it.

The drive from Vegas to San Fran to Yamhill, OR to Brigdeport, WA was filled with Fall Beauty! We'd done much of the drive before but it was particularly beautiful this time of year.

If we were having coffee, I'd tell you how nice it was to sleep Sunday night! We had a plan when we left Vegas on Thursday but it didn't quite turn out as well as we hoped. We had planned on getting to San Jose around 10PM Thu night to sleep a few hours before heading to the Golden Gate Bridge for the sunrise. Well, we didn't end up lying down to sleep until nearly 3AM. Not much time for sleeping. The sunrise was gorgeous, though!

Sunrise in San Francisco

And the Golden Gate was impressive. We'd seen it before, but it doesn't get old. Check out Sunday's week in review post for a few more pics from our road trip. We chilled out all day Monday, had a BBQ, and then headed back out on the road early this morning.

If we were having coffee, I'd tell you how excited I am that we are fitting in a stop at the Cathedral Gorge state park. I've been wanting to go for years! We'll be stopping tomorrow for a little hiking before finishing our drive.

If we were having coffee, I'd tell you we got a chip in our windshield. This wouldn't been worthy of mentioning except our other car has a sizable crack in it and needs to be replaced. Now, we'll need to get this new chip fixed as well. Luckily, it's in a spot that is relatively inconspicuous, so it shouldn't affect the rest of the trip.

If we were having coffee, I'm sure the shooting in Las Vegas would come up. It was such a terrible, devastating, senseless act! It breaks my heart. And makes me want to do something! Because something needs to be done. Something beyond "thoughts and prayers."


Sorry to all my readers who may be pro-gun, but we need stricter gun control. Any excuse or reason given to continue to allow guns in our communities, I could easily refute with a reason for why they should be banned. I know it is a polarizing topic, so I'm sure I won't bring it up too much on this blog, but things have got to change! And I need to find out how I can help make that happen.

What's new with you? If we were having coffee, what would you want to chat about?


Thanks for joining me today! Be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

The Ultimate Coffee Date. Join Us!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

9 comments:

  1. It absolutely terrifies me when I think about who has access to guns. Your road trip sounds really nice minus the windshield crack. You're right the Golden Gate Bridge never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so terrifying! The windshield crack was so frustrating! But I'm just grateful that it isn't in too dangerous of a spot. We definitely want to go back to San Fran for a longer visit.

      Delete
  2. I would tell you that I can't wait to hit San Fran myself in a few weeks. I am a little worried about all the brush fires though. Hope they get a handle on them soon. Hope you have a great rest of your trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! We really enjoyed the rest of our trip. Just found out that the Ragnar is cancelled due to the fires. So sad! Hope your team is able to transfer to a different race or do it next week.

      Delete
  3. It's never too late for coffee! Glad your trip is going well. Can't wait to hear about Cathedral Gorge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We drove through some really fascinating landscapes. It was especially pretty with all the fall colors. It is very disconcerting and frightening that these people are on the rise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's never too late! :P I'd love to do a PNW roadtrip someday! I'm glad you got to see so many pretty sights!

    ReplyDelete