Tuesday, November 14, 2017

How to Make the Perfect Mix for Your Thanksgiving Day Run

Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Does the big day include running for you? Perhaps you're running a Turkey Trot or just going for a run around your neighborhood.

Whatever your plans, here's how to create the perfect playlist for your Thanksgiving Day Run in 3 easy steps.


Step One: Make a list of things you're thankful for this year.

These could be things that are general, like running or sunshine, or they could be more specific and personal, maybe a particular person.

Your list should be 1-3 things for each mile of your run. If you'll be running a 5k, try to come up a list of 3-6 things. If you'll be running a 10k, a list of 6-18. And so on.

What I'm Thankful For
My husband, Jeff
My dog, Sallie
Running, of course
Sunshine
Las Vegas
My job
Weekends
Coffee


Step Two: Find songs that represent things in your list.

Search for songs in Spotify using words from your list.
Or maybe you have specific songs that remind you of the things or people in your list.
You could come up with one song for each thing in your list, or multiple songs. The point is to find songs that will remind you of all the things you're grateful for this year.

What I'm Thankful ForSong
My husband, JeffHoney, I'm Good by Andy Grammer
My dog, SallieWho Let the Dogs Out by Baha Men
Running, of courseI Run for Life by Melissa Etheridge
Break My Stride by Matthew Wilder
SunshineWalking on Sunshine by Katrina & the Waves
Las VegasWaking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry
My job9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
WeekendsHymn for the Weekend by Coldplay
Sunday Morning by No Doubt
CoffeeCoffee Can Money by Borgeous


Step Three: Create a playlist using the songs from Step Two.

Voila! You're ready to have a kick-ass Thanksgiving Day run or race while making it more memorable by reflecting on all the things you're grateful for.




What are you most thankful for this year and what's a song that reminds you of it?
Do you have songs that remind you of certain people or events?
How do you create a great playlist?


I'm linking up today with Erika, Marcia and Patty for Tuesday's on the Run as well as Janelle, Kim, and Steff for Tunes Tuesday.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

21 comments:

  1. This is pretty darn awesome! Kind of makes me wish I ran with music still. :)

    This was a tough year on the personal front -- the last few have been, actually -- but I'm grateful that Bandit has come such a long way and now has total freedom in the house. I'm also grateful for all the states I got to race in & explore this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I come and go in regards to running with music. I'm fickle that way, I guess. :)

      Cheers to a better year next year! I'm glad that Bandit is doing so well, and I would be grateful of all the places you've explored this year as well.

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! I usually don't run with music but I like to have a good playlist when I run on the treadmill. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I think it's a good exercise to reflect on what we're thankful for; making it into a playlist is just a bonus. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this idea!! I need to make a playlist and see what I can come up with! Thanks for linking up with us for Tunes Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to make a playlist and be thankful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! It's nice to take a little time to be thankful. :)

      Delete
  5. What a fun idea! I'll have to use this idea the next time I make a playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you create your own Thanksgiving Day playlist.

      Delete
  7. Aw this is sweet! I'm so excited for Thanksgiving this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely awesome list and what a fun way to put it together! I love all of those songs and pretty much have a similar list of things for which I am thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun idea! There are numerous songs on my Ipod that have more sentimental value than anything....Like AC/DC's Highway to Hell-->that song came on at the 1-mile mark of a 20K race that was run in the rain LOL. Every time it pops up, I think of that race ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun/crazy how certain songs can remind us of certain things, events, people?

      Delete
  11. I don't run with music, but this looks like a fun way to create a playlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always listen to music, but I like a good playlist when I do. This would be fun way to make a playlist for non-running endeavors as well. :)

      Delete