Tuesday, November 7, 2017

October Report Card

If you stopped by on Saturday for the Ultimate Coffee Date, you already know that October was a busy month for me. We managed to cram a whole lot of fun into the month. I also managed to stay pretty on-track with my goals.

October Report Card

General Running/Training (25%): B+

October got off to a pretty rocky start when I fell on the 1st. I was limping for at least a week or so, which meant no running and little working out. I also took a road trip which made working out difficult as well. Once I was back to running/working out, I did pretty well and I'd say I finished the month pretty strong, but it hurt being out of commission for 12 days.


Run at least 600 Miles (25%): A-

I've still got 2 months to get to 600 miles, and I'm still confident I'll meet my goal. With my fall and being unable to run for 12 days, I still managed to squeak out 60+ miles. Imagine my mileage if I hadn't missed nearly two weeks! Now, I need to get 67 miles each month, and with half marathon training still underway, I think it will be totally doable.



Be More Active in the Local Running Community (25%): A

I actually made it out to two group runs. Yes, TWO! Thank you Lululemon for hosting the Ghost Race virtual series in Summerlin. It was just the motivation I needed to meet up with a group. There was an option to run the virtual race on your own, but I actually chose to meet up with the group twice.
5 of 8 group runs completed
1 of 3 times volunteering at a local race


12 Trails of 2017 (20%): A


Twelve Trails of 2017 - October

We got our hike done early in the month. Yay! The last stop of our road trip was Cathedral Gorge. I've been wanting to go for a few years now, and I'm so glad we finally made it happen! We arrived super tired and not very excited to go hiking. Google Maps took us to a viewpoint instead of the actual park entrance. I was bummed at first, but then we saw the stairs going down into the canyon. After walking around a bit, we found ourselves exploring deep inside the gorge. I definitely would have gotten lost in the labyrinth without Jeff. It's about 3 hours from Vegas, but we definitely want to go back!


Current Events Night (5%): B

I have a bunch of Last Week Tonight videos in my YouTube watch later list, but didn't take much time to watch them in Oct. We watched a couple after I got home from work on 10/31, so at least we got in a few. Also, we spent a lot of time on our road trip talking about current issues. We can solve all the world's problem on a long road trip. :-)


Final Grade for October: A-

Despite the rocky start to the month, I was able to finish it out pretty strong! Looking forward to crushing these goals the next two months to finish out the year nice and strong!

How was your October?


To see my grades from all year:
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. A very solid month. Your hiking locales look awesome.

    Looking forward to our coffee date on Sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darlene! We've had a great time exploring some local trails this year. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that you found some group runs to enjoy. Looks like you are on track to hit your mileage goals this year-nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard to get out of my own head when it comes to group runs, but I'm often so happy when I do. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the mileage goal.

      Delete