Sunday, May 13, 2018

Weekly Wrap - May 13

Linking up with Holly and Wendy for the Weekly Wrap. Be sure to stop by their blogs to see what everyone else was up to last week.

Week 1 of the Tone It Up Bikini Series is now in the rear-view mirror! It was a big success. I stuck to my meal plan. I got in all my workouts including 3 runs. I dropped 3 lbs on the scale. Definitely a good week and a great start! I can't wait to see what the next 7 weeks bring.

Weekly Wrap

I'm switching up my Weekly Wrap format a bit throughout the #TIUBikiniSeries challenge. I want to break down my week day-by-day, probably more for my records than anything else. I'm including what I did for my workouts each day plus what I ate. I'm also waiting to post until after dinner, so I can more completely record my Sunday. :)


Monday


I didn't sleep well Sunday night. I was too excited for the Bikini Series to start! I woke up several times throughout the night thinking It must be time to wake up! only to find out it had only been 1.5 hours or so.

Despite the sleepless night, I had a great Day 1!

Workout
2 rounds of 15: Biceps Curls | Shoulder Pulses | Reverse Flys | Pushups | Plank Up Downs
Cardio Arms with Tori - Yeah, I got no dance skills. 🙊
TIU Flex Friday - Arms were really burning after this!! 💪

I also went for a midday walk during lunch.

Eats
M1: Morning Mocha Smoothie | M2: Apple with cinnamon | M3: Kale Salad | M4: Strawberry Shortcake Mini Muffins | M5: Thai Veggie Stir Fry


Tuesday


I slept so much better after a successful Day 1!

Workouts
2-mile run | 10:33 min/mi pace | Perfect weather, but I still took it slow and easy.
2 rounds of: 15 squat+press | 15 curl+reverse lunge | 15 bikini walkouts+tummy toner | 20 squat jacks | 15 bicycles

It was such a beautiful morning that I took my daily moves out to the patio after my run. I really want to/should do that more often!

Eats
M1: Morning Mocha Smoothie | M2: Clif bar | M3: Kale Salad | M4: Strawberry Shortcake Mini Muffins | M5: Thai Veggie Stir Fry leftovers


Weekly Wrap - May 7-13

Wednesday


The TIU community here in Vegas is pretty amazing. They are the reason I'm doing the bikini series this year. A group of us got together for dinner to kick-off the series. It was fun to see some old friends and meet some new ones. They are already planning the next meet-up - BRUNCH!

Workouts
2 rounds of 15: Kettlebell Squats | Squats | Jump Squats | Hip Bridges | Mountain Climbers
Booty Barre with Jillian
Sunset Sculpt

Eats
M1: Scrambled eggs with veggies + 2 clementines | M2: Clif bar | M3: Kale Salad | M4: Strawberry Shortcake Mini Muffins | M5: Chicken & Pear salad at Kona Grill

#TIUVegas Babes!

Thursday


I tried a different route for this morning run. I thought it would be 2.5 miles because when I walk it with Charity Miles that's what it comes out to, but Garmin said it was only 2 miles. Still nice to mix it up a bit.

Workouts
2-mile run | 10:17 min/mi pace
2 rounds of 15: Single leg deadlifts | Weighted chops | Side plank crunches | Plank rows (one knee down) | High knees

The high knees were supposed to be 30 seconds each but I misread the directions.  🤷 I was definitely sweating by the end but that could be because I'd also just run 2 miles. 😜

Eats
M1: Morning Mocha Smoothe + banana | M2: apple with cinnamon | M3: leftovers from Kona Grill | M4: Starbucks grande latte | M5: Stir fry

Fantastic start to the #TIUBikiniSeries! @EnjoytheCourse stayed on track with all her goals and it showed on the scale, too. <3

Friday


My coworkers planned a pancake breakfast for Friday. I'm not sure why. Just for funsies, I guess. I made my own batter for some Matcha Protein Pancakes to cook up. So delicious!!


Workouts
2 rounds of: 15 bikini walkout+plank jacks | 15 shoulder taps | 15 v-sit | 15 rock the boat | 30 seconds seated side opener
Sculpt in 7 workout
Yoga Sculpt Abs with Chevy

Plus, I was able to make it out for a lunchtime walk during work.

Eats
M1: Matcha protein pancakes with blueberries | M2: apple with cinnamon | M3: kale salad | M4: baby carrots and Ocean's Halo seaweed snacks | M5: Stir fry


Saturday


I don't know what happened on Saturday, but all of a sudden it was 5 pm and I still wanted to get to the grocery store! I also wanted to stop at the thrift store to see about finding a few more wide mouth jars for smoothies, overnight oats, and such. I found some! Whoo hoo!!


Workouts
2 rounds of: 30 second squat jacks | 15 mountain climbers | 15 toe touches | 30 second squat jacks | 15 down dog booty lifts
Love Your Body Cardio Abs
Apres Ski Yoga - I'm not a skier, but this was a great, very-stretchy-in-all-the-right-places class.

Eats
M1: Scrambled eggs with veggies + 2 clementines | M3: Berry Cauliflower Smoothie | M4: Clif bar | M5: PBJ with clementines and baby carrots



Sunday


Another long day of working out, blogging, and food prepping. I didn't prep any faster this week, but I do like the way I did it better. Still trying to figure out how best to get it done and be prepared for the week. That might ended up being the biggest win for me at the end of the series. 😂

Workouts
2 rounds of 25: Shoulder taps | Plank taps | Bridge + press | Bent-over rows | Cross body curls
Cardio kickboxing with Kristina - It's been awhile since I've done this video and I was able to keep up with it a bit more easily. Yay!
5k run | 9:58 min/mi pace

Eats
M1: Protein pancakes with blueberries  |  M3: Kale Salad to clean out the fridge | M4: Matcha Protein Bites | M5: Stir fry


ICYMI: Posts from Last Week


Bikini Series Goals - Every challenge deserves it's own set of goals, right? I set 7 goals for the Bikini Series. So far, so good. :-)

The 5 W's of Foam Rolling - Friday was National Foam Rolling Day, so I broke down the basics of foam rolling by answering the 5 W's - who, what, when, where, and why.

Click on the images to read the posts.

2018 Bikini Series Goals
The 5 W's of Foam Rolling

What do you think of the new day-by-day format? When was the last time you were so excited/nervous about something that you couldn't sleep the night before?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

8 comments:

  1. I usually can't sleep the night before a race but I don't know if it's excitement or nervousness! It's so nice that you have a community of people doing the TIU series that you can commiserate with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm convinced it's a little bit of both. :) I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the local TIU girls a little better.

      Delete
  2. I didn't really sleep last night, and I'm not sure why. I don't know how I'll sleep before my race on Sunday. I either sleep like a rock, or toss and turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep before your race!

      Delete
  3. I like the day to day format! But, that may be because that's what I do and it's familiar. Plus, I like reading all the details! :)

    I am a hot mess the night before something exciting/nerve-wracking/scary/new. I'm usually lucky if I can get 3 good hours. I'd have been right there tossing and turning with you! haha

    I love that your Bikini Series comes with a community you can see and hang out with rather than being all online. I think that makes a huge difference in success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! So far, I do think I like the new format. :) It's fun to have a good TIU community here.

      Delete
  4. CONGRATS! Three pounds is a hugely successful first week! The new format is a great way to keep a detailed record of your bikini challenge results. You can easily go back and review what did/didn't work, etc. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! It was definitely good motivation to have such a successful first week.

      Delete