Friday, May 11, 2018

The 5 W's of Foam Rolling: Everything You Need to Know

I'm linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales & Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0.

Happy National Foam Rolling Day!! Every year May 11th is dedicated to the wonderful world of foam rolling, so I thought I'd answer the 5 W's - who, what, when, where, and why - of foam rolling.




Who


Foam rolling is for everyone! Runners, lifters, cyclists, yogis, even couch potatoes can benefit from foam rolling.


What


Foam rolling is a form of self-myofascial massage. Using a foam roller allows you to give yourself a deeper massage to work out any kinks and soothe trigger (sore) points.

So many different muscles can benefit from foam rolling.



When


Foam rolling can be done anytime!

Do it before a workout to get your muscles warmed up.
Do it after a workout to aid in recovery.
Do it when your muscles are feeling particularly tight or off.
Do it while watching TV after a long day at work.


Where


Foam rolling can be done anywhere! If you've got enough space to do a plank, you've got enough space to do a little foam rolling.

Do it at the gym.
Do it in your living room.
Do it on your patio.
Do it at a park.

Curious about foam rolling? @EnjoytheCourse explains all by answering the 5 W's - who, what, when, where, and why. #nationalfoamrollingday

Why


There are seriously so many benefits to foam rolling!

To name a few, foam rolling...
  • Aids in Recovery
  • Assists in Healing
  • Increases blood flow
  • Improves mobility and flexibility
  • Prevents injury
  • Makes Your Workout More Effective

Do you foam roll? If so, how often? Before or after a workout? Where's the most unusual place you've rolled?



Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

12 comments:

  1. I'm a huge believer in the benefits of foam rolling. I have a small roller, the original worm, which I use before runs when I'm away from home -- for runs from home, I tend to use the stick before the run.

    And then I try to foam roll using my larger roller after my run -- it doesn't have to be right after but sometimes if I push it off to later in the day it doesn't get done.

    I'm not sure I've ever really foam rolled in an unusual place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to be better about foam rolling. I feel like this post was more a reminder to myself. LOL

      Delete
  2. I forgot that today was Foam Rolling Day! My foam roller has been feeling the neglect lately. I need to head back over to it. I've got some sore spots from my bike crash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you were able to work out those sore spots with your foam roller!

      Delete
  3. Foam Rolling is a must! Come link up on http://www.gooutsidegirl.com/2018/05/high-five-for-friday-may-11-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did NOT realize there was actually a foam rolling day! I was in the habit of doing it every night but i really slacked thus week. Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know, there's a day for everything nowadays. :) I need to get in a nightly habit of rolling.

      Delete
  5. I have to admit, I've gotten so bad about my foam rolling! Really need to stop being a slacker and make it a regular thing again as it does help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. foam roller exercises

    ReplyDelete
  7. here you will be able to chat about your nauseum and fetishes and meet for a real-life sexual encounter to fulfill your fantasy.  sexting chat

    ReplyDelete