Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Weekly Wrap - Mar 25

Linking up with Holly and Wendy for the Weekly Wrap. Be sure to stop by their blogs to see what everyone else was up to last week.

Two fun-filled weekends in a row and I'm super late to the Weekly Wrap party again! Totally worth it to spend a few days with my sister and niece, though. As I was going to bed last Wednesday night, I saw a FB Story pop up from my sister that she was on her way to Las Vegas for Spring Break. What?! Despite having no warning and not being prepared for a weekend of shenanigans, it was a blast!

Weekly Wrap

Workouts


Before I tell you about all that, let's talk about my workouts last week. Consistency definitely wasn't the name of the game, but I kind of made up for it over the weekend!

Weekly Wrap - March 19-25

My runs were great this week! Wed was my fastest mile in quite a while with a 9:44 min/mile pace. Saturday's run wasn't as speedy, but I felt strong and found my new distance {I hope}.

I must have needed some rest last week, though, because I essentially took 3 rest days. Monday was only crunches and leg raises {hardly a workout}; I can't even remember Thursday; Friday was a day at the beach {at least I got in 13,870 steps}.


Back to it on Saturday, though, with getting in all my daily challenges, a 1.75 mile run, 20+ min of yoga and a 1.5 mile bike ride. Phew! And topped the day off walking around the Strip for a few hours.


Some might not call 1.5 miles a bike ride, but it had been MONTHS and those 9 minutes were still tough on my tushy. We were mostly testing out our new bike rack, anyway. Seemed silly to mount our bikes without going on at least a very short ride.

I ended the weekend with a late afternoon hike in Red Rock before my sister and niece flew back to the arctic north (Minnesota). We had a blast!


Consistency may not have been the name of the game last week, but @EnjoytheCourse crammed a lot of fun workouts on the weekend! How was your week? #weeklywrap


Last Week's Videos


3 yoga practices FTW!

Peaceful Warrior - 27 min - Yoga with Adriene ↠ This made my hips happy.
Yoga Wash Detox Flow - 23 min - Yoga with Adriene
Power Hour Yoga Class - 1h4m - Five Parks Yoga ↠ Pretty advanced for me. I had to skip the many arm balances and do some modifications of a few other poses, but it was a good flow.


Other Happenings


Our day at the beach on Friday was spent at Lake Havasu. It wasn't as crowded or crazy as you might expect during Spring Break season, which was nice. It was absolutely gorgeous, though! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. It's about a 3-hour drive from Vegas and it went by pretty fast. I'm definitely looking forward to going back. No day at the beach is complete without ice cream, right?

This may have been my 2nd cone of the day!

Earlier in the week, we tried out Walmart Pickup for the first time. It worked really well and will come in handy for the weeks when we have too much going on to actually go grocery shopping.

They threw in a little Thank You gift for trying out the service.


ICYMI: Post from Last Week


Announcing my Plan to Make me a Better Runner is my 2018 forefoot running transition plan. It's been a  slow start to the year, but my training/transition is really going to start picking up next month. I've got the whole year laid out. We'll see how it goes. 😊

Click on the image to read the post.

My Forefoot Running Transition Plan

How were your workouts last week? Ever have surprise visitors?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great week! Glad you were able to take some rest when you needed and still get in some good workouts. I hope you had fun with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Lisa! Sometimes you just gotta listen to your body, right? I had a blast with my sister and niece. :)

      Delete
  2. How fun that your sister decided to visit you! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to get a surprise visit from your sister and niece. I hope you'll let us know how you like your new bike rack. Mine is so difficult to use! I've gotten better at it over at the years, but I'd like a simpler setup. I want to try the grocery pickup service around here as I do not enjoy shopping for groceries. Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to do a review of the bike rack after we've used it a few times! You should definitely try your local pickup service. It was so convenient.

      Delete