Monday, March 19, 2018

Weekly Wrap - Mar 18

Linking up with Holly and Wendy for the Weekly Wrap. Be sure to stop by their blogs to see what everyone else was up to last week.

Daylight Savings Time mess with anyone else last week? I think I got cocky on Monday when I said I wasn't really affected. Tuesday was OK too, but then BAM! Wednesday came along and hit. me. hard. My energy was zapped. The later sunset, while welcomed, encouraged me to stay up later than usual so my mornings became nearly impossible.

Hoping to get my sleep and energy levels back to normal this week!

Weekly Wrap

Workouts


With my lower energy levels, my workouts were definitely a little less than usual. I tried to {mostly} keep up with my daily challenges but didn't really do much extra.

Weekly Wrap - March 12-18

While minimal, all of my little workouts felt so hard this week!

I did manage 3 yoga practices. Monday was a practice that worked up to Fallen Angel, but I hung out playing around in Crow instead. Tuesday was a gentle stretchy, stretchy practice. It had been in my Watch Later list since NYE, so it was a lot of talk about New Beginnings. Saturday's practice was TOUGH! It was working up to Dancer's Pose and there was a lot of balancing and my legs felt shot!

My Wednesday run was pushed to Thu evening because I ended up going back to bed both Wed and Thu mornings. I was so tired! I could only manage 1 mile, but a mile is a mile, right? I do plan on increasing my mileage soon{ish} but pushing myself wasn't in the cards last week. Sunday's 1-miler was a struggle too. But I did earn a cute little badge for doing CharityMiles on my little run.



Daylight Savings Time mess with anyone else? Workouts were a bit lackluster, but @EnjoytheCourse had some fun on the weekend! How was your week? #weeklywrap


Last Week's Videos

I'm happy I was able to get in 3 yoga practices!

Deep Twists, Focus & Balance with Fallen Angel - 33 min - Five Parks Yoga
Yoga for New Beginnings - 19 min - Yoga with Adriene
Dancer's Pose: Balances and Binds with Fiji McAlpine - 39 min - DoYogaWithMe


Other Happenings

I can't blame all my tiredness on DST. Sallie went to the vet on Tuesday for her check-up, shots, and a teeth cleaning. Watching her recovery was exhausting and a little heart-breaking. She was so sad and lethargic for a few days. You could tell she was having a hard time getting back to normal and it was stressing us out a bit. She was pretty much back to her old self by Friday, though.

After my yoga Saturday morning, I met a friend who was visiting Las Vegas for the weekend. We walked a LOT! I logged 22,379 steps on Saturday! We love visiting the Bellagio when she's in town, so that was definitely our first stop.


The Spring Garden display was so tranquil and peaceful. I just wanted to sit and meditate or do some yoga. It wasn't overly crowded, which was nice as well. The fountain show is always fun to see. :)

After lots of walking and shopping, we ate dinner, chilled in the hotel room for a couple hours, and headed to XS to see The Chainsmokers.


It was super fun, but we made the rookie mistake of stepping outside for some air. Once outside, we discovered there was a was super long {and not moving due to the inside being over-capacity} line to get back inside, so we were stuck freezing outside for a few hours. 50-degrees is COLD ❄ when you're standing around outside in the cold breeze wearing a little black cocktail dress. Trust me!

With all the dancing and shivering, I'd already logged over 10k steps before going to bed around 3 AM!!

We got our new bike rack all installed on Roxie. Definitely excited to load up our bikes for a ride sometime soon!



ICYMI: Post from Last Week


Women of the 80s: A Totally Awesome Playlist is a throwback playlist to the 1980s. In honor of March being National Women's Month, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite 80s songs by female artists.

Click on the image to read the post.

Women of the 80s: Your Running Playlist

Did Daylight Savings Time mess with you? Tell me something fun you did over the weekend.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. Love the Charity Miles app! It's been a while since I've been to Vegas but I remember going to the garden display in the Belagio and seeing the fountain with music. So nice! Sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CharityMiles is a fun app, isn't it?! The Bellagio is definitely one of my favorite things in Vegas. :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I don't think I've walked 20K steps without doing a race. DST wasn't too hard on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising how quickly the steps can add up when walking around Las Vegas. :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun week! It must be great living near LV and taking part in all the fun that is available!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great week! I hate standing around in the cold. You got in a lot of steps over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice week with three yoga sessions! I'm struggling with getting up in the mornings to run before work. I wish I could blame it on the time change, but it was already happening. I've had to change things around and run after work lately. I don't know how you stood in the cold for so long. Shivering makes my back hurt. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete