Saturday, March 3, 2018

Join me! Time for the March Ultimate Coffee Date!!

March was off to a great start until I woke up with a running nose, sore throat, headache and zero energy. Booo...

Good thing this coffee date is virtual. 😉

Ultimate Coffee Date - March 2018

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you...

I'm drinking tea with honey instead of coffee. Tea always sounds better when I'm sick. My husband got sick first. He doesn't like tea, so he's just been drinking hot water with lemon and honey. Did you know that honey and lemon not only taste good but also promote healing?


If we were having coffee today, I would tell you...

Memory is kind of a funny thing! I recently got this text from a friend.


The post she's talking about was probably well over 5 years ago. I barely remember it.

A month or two ago, a different friend tagged me in a video about How to Fold a Fitted Sheet. Her comment was about how when I showed her this technique it blew her mind. That was back in '07, I believe. Again, I barely remember it.

When I was in college, I had a friend who said if you're feeling down or sad or lonely, to throw on some lipstick. 💄I reminded her of that comment years later and she didn't remember it at all.

Moral of the story? Be aware of what you say and do because you really never know how it might impact someone.

Coffee? Tea? Water? No matter your drink of choice, join @EnjoytheCourse for some random chitchat at the #UltimateCoffeeDate.

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you...

I'm so proud of how well I did with my goals in February and would share my March goals. You can read that somewhat lengthy post here. I'm most excited to increase my running! So far, my annual mileage is just over THREE MILES. While that seems a little sad, I'm not very sad about it. I know I'm doing the right thing by taking my transition slowly, but I'm definitely excited to start pushing myself a bit.


If we were having coffee today, I would tell you...

I've been having such a hard time keeping up with comments on my blog, which makes me think of the common debate with bloggers - Readers vs Comments. I definitely waffle back and forth on this issue, but right now, I'm definitely leaning toward Readers. Comments are super nice but sometimes they make me feel bad when I can't keep up with them. Plus, I wonder how often people even read my replies. I'd prefer readers share my posts, if I think about it.


I'm off now to find a delicious soup recipe because soup is all I want right now.

What are you drinking today? Any big plans for March? Have a favorite healing soup recipe to share? Which do you think is most important - Readers, Comments, or Shares? What's something you remember that maybe others involved do not?

Thanks for joining me today! Be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

The Ultimate Coffee Date. Join Us!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Good for you for taking the transition slowly and recognizing that is what is best for you. That's not always an easy thing to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly! It's getting more and more difficult, so I'm excited to start {slowly} ramping up.

      Delete
  2. I like interacting with my readers, so I take the time to reply to every comment as well as reciprocate. It takes a lot of time, but it's worth it! I'm writing about stats on Wednesday, so you can read more thoughts on this!

    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely watch for your post on Wed! I enjoy interacting with my readers, too, but sometimes I just have a hard time keeping up.

      Delete
  3. Tea is my beverage of choice! I hope you feel better soon!

    Kinda hard to choose between the two, but I do really like getting to interact with my readers (not sure how many read my response, but I appreciate that ones who do! :P ). I guess it depends on the post! For coffee date posts, I'd definitely prefer comments--I love when readers share/try out my recipes though! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it definitely depends on the post. :) Some I feel are a lot more shareable while others are begging for comments. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I often remember something my husband said that he doesn't or visa versa. I say that all the time though -- you never know who you'll effect.

    I have definitely started off the year slow when it comes to running, but that's okay. My body just needed the break.

    I'm sorry you're not feeling well. As a victim of the stuff that's been going around -- take it easy! It's nasty stuff. I drank so much soup that first week I wasn't feeling well . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to be living off soup this week. :) At least it's not the flu, mostly just a stuffy nose and sinus pressure.

      Delete
  5. Ugh, I hope you are feeling better! I have heard that honey and lemon are good for healing. Hopefully, they helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my way to feeling better. That's really all I can ask, right? :)

      Delete