Monday, September 2, 2013

Marathon Monday #5

Happy Labor Day!! Hope you're all enjoying the last day of summer. I know, I know. Summer's not technically over yet, but Labor Day sure seems like the start of fall.

Even though the high today is still 99. :)

We've got no big plans for today. I already got some yoga in, but now it's time to simply enjoy the day off from work.

And share with you my training from this past week.


Week 4 of training is in the bag!

I had to make a couple of adjustments, but I'm still happy with how it's going. :)

The PlanThe Reality
Mon, 8/26REST2
Tue, 8/273
Hills
3
Stairs
Wed, 8/28RESTREST
Thu, 8/296
6
Fri, 8/304
REST
Sat, 8/3110
Pace
REST
Sun, 9/12
10
Pace

Since I had skipped my run last Sunday, I didn't want to have two rest days in a row, plus I was itching to run Monday morning, that I started the week off with 2 miles. :)

I had the best stairs run on Tuesday, in place of hills, and I was really feeling it the next morning - and Thursday, too. Loved it!!

Wednesday's rest day was nice, and it was the only day I biked to work last week, so it was kind of an active rest day. :)

Thursday's 6 miles were super fun, but about two miles in I rolled my ankle.



Possibly not the smartest idea to keep on moving, but I just didn't want to stop! I iced it, rubbed Biofreeze on it, and took Friday and Saturday as rest days to let it heal. It was feeling good enough that I was able to get in 10 miles yesterday.

Up next week? SPEED WORK!! I've been having a LOT of difficulty maintaining anywhere near a 10:00min/mi pace lately - even on my shorter runs, which used to easily be sub-10:00. I'm hoping that the addition of speed work will help.

What are you doing for Labor Day?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good week! I'm glad your ankle is better too. Don't you be going and getting injured now, we have a marathon to run! I did nothing for Labor Day. Nothing at all. I was alone all day and it was absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delightful! And I promise to be careful with my running. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love how you post "the plan" and "the reality" of your training! So genius! There are so many times that I get from work and I just don't feel like it... Posting something like this would give me a little extra motivation. Plus, it shows the reality of life that sometimes the plan doesn't work and you have to adjust! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It does help a bit with motivation some days. :) I'm totally cool with adjusting the plan to listen to my body, but it's still nice to compare the plan with reality.

      Delete