Sunday, September 29, 2013

What's for Dinner? Week of 9/29

It's been a couple weeks with no meal planning. Some weeks I just try to wing it - some successfully, some not so much.

I've got a few items in my fridge that are on their last legs, so meal planning is a must to reduce as much food waste as possible.

menu planning

Here's what I've got planned for this week.

Sunday - Black Bean Lettuce Wraps


I've got some Butter Lettuce in my fridge that has a Use By day of 10/1. This morning, I had some Easy Breakfast Lettuce Wraps, but there is still nearly the whole head.

Monday - Bean 'n Mushroom Enchiladas
I've also got some mushrooms that need to be used. These enchiladas are always a big hit.

Tuesday - Leftovers

Wednesday - Salsa Rice and Red Beans

Thursday - Homemade Pizza

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - TBD

To make this week a success, there are a few things I'll need to prep today.

  • Make the pizza dough and freeze it until Thursday morning.
  • Cook red beans. All I have are dried beans, and I need to get them cooked to use soon or else Wed will come and go without any dinner.

What are you eating this week?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. I put chili in the crockpot this morning, so we are having chili tonight and for leftovers. I think I just added those mushroom and bean enchiladas to the list - they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely getting to be the time of the year for chili. Maybe I'll put that on the menu for next week. I hope you try the enchiladas. They are tasty!

      Delete