Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside!

Ok. So, maybe not so cold to those of you who live in the northern tundra. Certainly, not MN cold, but it's cold here in Vegas.

Despite the cold, I had one amazing run yesterday morning! It was the kind of run that reminds me of why I love to run. I felt strong. I felt powerful.

Sure, I was dressed like my closet threw up on me.


But, honestly, I think that only made me smile even more.

My intention had been to just test out the ole legs to get a feel for how it was going to go for Saturday's marathon.

Good news! They felt great!! Surely, if I can run 5 amazing miles, I can CONQUER 26.2, right?!

Bad news!! The cold front. Last I heard, it could be in the teens at the start, with the possibility of SNOW!



Secretly, I kind of hope it will flurry a little. Running in the snow is so peaceful and beautiful. Dare I say... I miss it...?

But not the cold. Only the snow.

I just hope it doesn't rain.

Meanwhile, I had a super cute outfit planned. A little more coordinated than yesterday's choice. Depending on how brave I'm feeling Saturday morning, I may need to make some adjustments. :) I know I'll warm up while running, but I also want to be comfy from beginning to end. Sometimes I have such difficulty judging what to wear in coldish weather!

Stay tuned!

If you're not already following me on Instagram, now is the weekend to do so! I'm sure that Katie and I will be sharing lots of photos.

3 more sleeps....

Any last minute tips for cold weather running?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. I find that if I cover my ears and my toes are warm, so is the rest of me. Hats don't work well for me, but I love my little cold-weather headband. By the way, it was 7 here in MN this morning with wind chills below 0. Makes me yearn for the warmth of the mid-30s.

    ReplyDelete