Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Goals - How'd I Do?

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!

Are you sick of my recap posts? This is my last one for 2013. Promise.

You probably already know from this post that I had a pretty great year, but in relation to my 2013 goals, it was a bit of a failure of a year.

2013 Goals

Here were my goals.

Run faster, conquering a sub 25:00 5K --> NOPE
About halfway through the year, I ditched this goal in favor of running my 3rd marathon. At the start of marathon training, I'd hoped to continue working on speed as well, but that simply wasn't in the cards.

Eat healthier, trying at least two new recipes a month --> SMH
I may have eaten a bit healthier, but I didn't try two new recipes a month. Sticking with what I know is so much easier!

Train harder, achieving strong, beautiful arms --> Not so
My workouts were OK throughout the year, and I tried to focus on my arms and upper body, but there is no measurable difference today.

Read more, finishing at least 12 books --> Not even close
I read a grand total of 3 books this year. In January. Oops!

Serve more, including CharityMiles and community service with my husband --> So sad!
I wasn't even consistent with using CharityMiles!

Like so often happens, our New Year's Goals drop off after a month or two. I fell victim to this in 2013. I even stopped doing monthly recaps after March. :(

Even though I didn't accomplish stick with my goals for 2013, it's only a complete failure if I don't learn something, right?

So, now I can will hopefully make better goals for 2014!

Sorry for the downer post. I probably shouldn't have kept this one for last. LOL. For cheerier end of the year posts, be sure to read about my #yearofrunning13, my Top 13 of 2013 posts, and, of course, my 2013 Year in Review.

Oh yeah! And I almost forgot, but I DID ACCOMPLISH ONE GOAL - 365 days of Happy Moments! Well, I WILL accomplish it after I post today's happy moment. :D

Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve tonight!! See you in 2014!!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. You still had a great year regardless of if you did or didn't do every single thing you set out to do! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! I loved this year - even if my goals changed or were forgotten.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Clarinda! While you may not have used Charity Miles as much, you've inspired me to sign up for it! :)

    ReplyDelete