Friday, February 21, 2014

5 for Friday

I hate that I'm being so whiny about this stinking cold. In some ways, it's gotten better, but in other ways it's gotten worse. I am really looking forward to the weekend, so I can sleep and rest and consume a LOT of liquids. :)

For Fitness Friday, I thought I'd share a few of the blog posts I've pinned in the past week. Click on the pics to go to the post.

Kristin at Exploring Domesticity shares her thoughts on week 2 of the Move, Nourish, Believe Challenge. I loved this image that she created. I know I need to remember this more often.



Lea at Running with Ollie shares 10 Misleading Food Marketing Labels. I wouldn't exactly say the companies are lying to us, but it's good to really know what the labels mean. Best advice? Read the ingredients. Something I'm pretty terrible about myself.



Bridget at Sweat Stretch Eat started a yoga pose tutorial series. The second in the series was Crow. I've actually managed Crow for about a millisecond once. :) I'm excited to follow her tutorial to see if I can get better!



Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers posted a Chest + Biceps Workout that I'm excited to try once I kick this stupid cold to the curb.



Kristin at Seeing Less of Kristin talks about Overcoming Negativity. I think keeping a positive attitude, and not succumbing to negative thoughts and opinions, can go a long way in being healthy in all aspects of our lives.



What were some of your favorites posts from the past week?


Linking up today with Jill at Fitness, Health, and Happiness for Fitness Friday.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

14 comments:

  1. Love this!! Great round up!! I think everyone can focus on being a little bit more positive... :)

    ~ Lora @ Crazy Running Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I haven't seen any of those posts, thanks for pointing me to some new things to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Clarinda! I need this reminder so often! Hard habits to break, but this helps! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when link love is all new to me! I need the crow tutorial :) I'm getting better at it but would love any and all tips for holding it longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could point you to some new stuff. Good luck with Crow! :)

      Delete
  5. I'll have to take a look at some of these links...especially the one about keeping a positive attitude. That's been pretty hard for me to do since I've been laid up from an injury. :-(

    BUT I did try to look on the positive side of things in my most recent blog post, making a list of some of the other things I've been able to do since I've been laid up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Thinking about what we can do is a great way to distract us from what were can't do. Stay positive, chica. :-D

      Delete
  6. I'll have to check out Kristin's blog at Exploring Domesticity. That post sounds interesting! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grocery store is hard for me too. Especially the produce dept. Too overwhelming for me. Plus all the stuff I shouldn't eat looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great links- I especially want to check out the yoga poses! I recently started a "Shaping Up For Summer" link-up, which will run every Saturday through May, and I would LOVE it if you wanted to link up your fitness posts. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete