Friday, February 7, 2014

Wear RED Selfies

Happy Friday and Happy National Wear Red Day!

National Wear Red Day is in its 11 year. Wow! I first heard of it back in the beginning years. I can't remember which year, but there was a big deal made about it on General Hospital (one my of guilty pleasures that Jeff doesn't share). That year, all month long they focused on heart disease awareness. Well, focused might be a strong word, but it was mentioned a lot. :-)

That's honestly when I first started becoming aware of the problem of heart disease. Crazy, right?

So, today I'm wearing red.


Why?

#1 - Red is one of my favorite colors. So bold. So powerful. Oddly, I didn't have much red in my closest, so I went shopping last night for something new. What do you think?

#2 - Heart disease is still the #1 killer of women. Too many women are unaware of their risks and the facts. By wearing red, I can help by raising awareness and starting the conversation. Plus it gives me something to blog about.

I don't really have a great story. I don't have a history of heart disease in my family. None of the women in my life have been affected by heart disease, to my knowledge.

That doesn't mean I'm risk-free and safe. It doesn't mean my loved ones are either.

I'm wearing red to remind myself to make healthy choices. And hopefully inspire others to take their health into their own hands as much as possible.

Wear Red Selfies


Don't have a blog? Just want to share a picture instead of a whole post? You can still join us for Wear Red Selfies. Just upload a picture to your favorite social media platform using hashtag #wearredselfies. Then come back here to add your photo to the linky. Most likely the linky won't be able to pull the image from the URL of your photo, so you'll need to either upload your image or enter the URL of the image (not the post). Let me know if you have any questions or have issues adding your link/image.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

8 comments: