Sunday, February 16, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 2/16

Happy Sunday!! I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day weekend, and those of you who have tomorrow off for President's Day, I'm super jealous enjoy your long weekend.

I got hit with a nasty cold around Thursday, and it's continually getting a bit worse as the weekend has progressed. Let's just say that's why my workouts really petered off towards the end of the week. I'm sure it wasn't laziness at all.

Sunday - After posting last week's menu, I went out of a 4 mile run. It was a perfect 61F outside and everything was clicking. Time - 39:38; Pace - 10:00.

Monday - 3 mile run. Time - 32:00; Pace - 10:54. I took Sallie along for this run. With all her peeing and sniffing and pooing and me trying not to trip over her, my pace always slow way down. :( But she needs the exercise as much as I do, so I need to take her more often than I do.

Arms - Love My Arms workout from Pinterest.



Tuesday - StrongStride DVD. Program 1. This. Was. Tough. Much, much tougher than the week before. Maybe it was the beginnings of my cold?? I had to keep taking mini breaks and really had a tough time keeping up.

Wednesday - 4 mile tempo run. Had to leave Sallie at home for this one. No way could I do a tempo run with her. :) Time - 36:02; Pace - 9:05

Thursday - 15 minute partner stretch yoga with Jeff.

Friday - REST.

Saturday - REST.

I'm supposed to get in 5 miles today, but with my head feeling like it's about to explode, I may just start fresh again tomorrow. I went to bed last night at 7pm, and let me tell you it was a real struggle to make it that late. In fact I was dozing on the couch for probably 1+ hours before going to bed. I slept until 6:30 this morning. Guess my body is trying to tell me something.

If you stopped by last week for my menu plan, this week's is going to look really familiar! I think I only made dinner Monday night and then we just scavenged the rest of the week. Bad Clarinda!!

menu planning

Sunday - Slow Cooker Lasagna. Still need to try these sides.



Monday - Leftovers

Tuesday - Zucchini burgers



Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Penne with asparagus. I'm not a fan of asparagus at all, but we got two bunches in our Bountiful Basket. Jeff loves asparagus, so I'm hoping this recipe with be tasty for both of us.




Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - TBD

I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast and Jill at Fitness, Health, & Happiness. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

13 comments:

  1. I love Pinterest for workouts, too! Hope you like the pasta... I love asparagus cooked a certain way, but I can be picky about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest, recover, and feel better soon. So Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! I took a sick day today, so hopefully the extra rest will go a long way. :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you're feeling better! I'm on a big asparagus kick right now. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill! I'm trying to keep an open mind about the asparagus. :)

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling better! I've had a nasty cold for the past week and a half. I haven't worked out since then. I'm Jonesing for it but I know I can't handle running just yet. So it's nice and easy till then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes it's so hard to just be still and REST - even though I know that's what I need to do to get over this cold. Hope you feel better soon, too.

      Delete
  5. I am one of the lucky few to be off for President's Day! Sorry to hear about your cold...ugh, they have been really going around this winter! Nice job on the workouts, you won't regret taking it easy for a few days! I made asparagus with Parmesan a few nights ago...so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle. Turns out I have today off. Because I called in sick. :( Wish it was a bit more fun, but at least I'm getting some rest and hopefully kicking this cold in the a$$.

      Delete
  6. Great job on your runs! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like zucchini. Parmesan Crusted Zucchini sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The problem is I am really terrible about making sides. :(

      Delete