Friday, April 18, 2014

5 Ways to Prepare for Race Day

Tomorrow is the much anticipated Mustang 50th Half Marathon. I'm super excited to be able to participate in this ONE TIME ONLY event! You may remember that I signed up for this way back in November at the Rock n Roll Las Vegas Expo. It's part of a celebration commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang, one of America's greatest cars. It's seems kind of monumental but not really.

Training-wise, I'm feeling pretty decent about the race tomorrow.

But there is still plenty I need to do today to prepare for a great race tomorrow.



1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I've been so terrible about drinking water this week, that it's going to be my #1 priority today.

AquaZinger is ready to go! Flavored water with cucumber and cilantro. :)

2. Eat. Yep. Let the carbo-loading begin. Actually, my lunch is a salad, but I did pack some pita chips as well. Dinner tonight will be a version of this pasta.


3. Lay it out. Make a checklist and lay it all out, so there's little to no thinking at 4:45AM.


LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN MY CLOSET!! A mustang tattoo!! How perfect!! I'll definitely be adding this to my checklist to put on in the morning!


4. Charge it up. In addition to laying everything out, be sure to make sure everything is charged up. GPS watch, phone, etc.

5. Set an alarm. Or two. Or three. I'm carpooling with George, and he's coming to pick me up around 5:15, so I'm thinking of setting alarms for 4:30, 4:45, and 5:00. With everything all set out, getting ready in the morning should be a breeze!

Tonight after work, I'll head straight to Mandalay Bay for packet pick-up. Head home to make dinner. Lay it out and charge it up. And hopefully get to bed early!

Wish me luck!

What am I forgetting?
Who else is racing this weekend?



I'm linking up with Jill today for Fitness Fridays.
Go check out how everyone else is celebrating fitness today.
Fitness Fridays

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

9 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow!! That looks like such a fun race! Definitely a chance you wouldn't want to miss out on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited just reading about this! You are gonna do GREAT. Don't overthink it and definitely go to bed early. Your body will thank you for it. Rest, fuel and training - you got this! Visiting from Fitness Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to rock the 13.1! Looks like your ready. Enjoy the run!

    ReplyDelete