Thursday, April 17, 2014

It's National High Five Day!

Did you know that TODAY is National High Five Day? Yep. The 3rd Thursday of April, since 2002.

Image taken from their FB page. You can also follow them on Twitter.

So, let's raise our hands today and give everyone we know (and strangers, too) a big ole HIGH FIVE!

I thought it would be fun to send out a few High 5s to a few bloggers, in celebration of this day. :)

The Unlikely Runner recently ran her 30th Half Marathon! Wow! I think that's definitely a milestone worthy of a high five.

Jill Conyers held Crow for 45 SECONDS! I am 100% thoroughly impressed, because, well Crow is HARD. I've only managed to hold it for a millisecond myself. I really need to focus on this pose more, since I'd love to have those bragging rights.

Rose took a DNS at what would have been her 1st full marathon. Why is that worthy of a high five, you ask? Well, because I think it takes a LOT of courage to listen to your body (and doctors) and make the decision not to run after months of training. Besides, she still went to the race as a volunteer, and that's definitely worthy of a high five.

Nice job, ladies! 

Since it's my blog, I'm going to share a few of my own high five worthy moments.

I biked to work one day last week. It was my first time in MONTHS! And it felt great. If I finish this post early enough, I hope to bike today as well.

We recently began switching from plastic to glass or stainless steel. It's been kind of an adjustment, because I relied on plastic so much for leftovers and other things, but I feel really good about making this change. There are so many alternatives to plastic that don't leach nasty chemicals into our food and bodies.

Last weekend, Jeff and I volunteered at GREENFest LV. We got to work in the Green Vehicle and Tech Zone. There were a few electric vehicles on site as well as electric bikes and info on electric vehicle charging stations around Las Vegas. Did you know there are 70 charging stations around town? I was surprised there were so many!

Gaudin Ford was also there offering test drives of the Ford Fusion and the Ford C Max. We didn't take any test drives ourselves, but we did set out some green cones to lead folks from the festival to the parking lot where the test drives were going on. I thought it was pretty ingenious. :)

The cars available for test drives were located right behind that huge ass truck.

Volunteering checks another item off our 2014 goals, too.



Do you have a high five moment you'd like to share? Leave me a comment or share it with the world using #NH5D.

And don't forget to generously give out the high fives all day long. :)

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

13 comments:

  1. High 5 for volunteering! High 5 for me for running 9 miles on Tuesday:) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the High 5 Clarinda! I'm so proud of that accomplishment. Every time I look at the pic I smile :) I would like to volunteer more often.

    How cool is it that there is an actual National High Five day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the virtual high 5s. You're too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the High Five!!! And congrats on your changes as well. I always admire people that bike to work. My husband tries to at times but it takes so much planning and preparing. I would be hard for me given how far I have to drive but sometimes I really wish it were possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think it would be as simple as jumping on and pedaling away, but it definitely takes a lot of planning and preparing! I should do it more often.

      Delete
  5. Thanks! Crow is definitely high five worthy. :)

    ReplyDelete