Friday, April 11, 2014

Fitness Friday 4/11 - Race Updates

HAPPY FRIDAY!! Anyone else ready for the weekend?

It's going to be a great one! I'm hoping to get in a couple runs tomorrow, and then Jeff and I are volunteering at GREENFest. We'll be working in the Green Vehicle area from 10-2, so if you're around, come and say hello.

And then, I may join  a few girlfriends for a  GNO. :)

Definitely a fun and exciting weekend ahead.

Here are a few other things that are exciting me this morning...

Remember that shiny new 5k PR I got last week? Check out the official badge I got for running the #LVKickOffNight.


Only 219 more days until the main event.... #StripAtNight...

A little bit sooner than that is the 50th Mustang Half. 8 MORE DAYS! This is a one-time only event as part of the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang. I'm super excited to be a part of it!

Plus, I can't wait to cross the finish line and get this fun bling.


The very following weekend, I'll be joining 7 other fabulous runners for Ragnar Zion. Last night, 6 of us (the other 2 live out of state), met up for a little nighttime trail run.


According to the trail markers, we ran 6 miles. According to my GPS watch, I ran 5.68. Either way, it's probably the fastest trail run I've done. :) And I had to slow way down on the way back - even though it was downhill. That's just how I roll.

After much hemming and hawing, I've finally decided to register for the Trails of Fury Dirty Double - Half Marathon in the morning; 5K at night. The half will be my furthest trail run EVER. I'm a little nervous, but pretty excited, too. :)

So, here's how my upcoming weekends are looking:

Apr 12 - Volunteering at GREENFest
Apr 19 - Mustang 50th Half Marathon
Apr 25-26 - Ragnar Zion
May 3 - Race for the Cure 5K
May 10 - Cousin's wedding on Catalina Island
May 17 - Freebie
May 25 - Trails of Fury

Wow! It's gonna be a bit crazy for few weeks. :) Fun, but CRAZY!


I'm linking up with Jill today for Fitness Fridays.
Go check out how everyone else is celebrating fitness today.
Fitness Fridays

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your events calendar!! So many great things coming up. I'm hoping to be able to run a ragnar this year. Cross your fingers that the Napa event works out for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ragnar is so fun! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yay for cool bling! Hope you enjoyed your long weekend and your extra run today. :-)

    ReplyDelete