Sunday, April 13, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 4/13

Remember how I met my 100 miles goal is March? And then 2 days later I got a 5k PR? Well, somehow accomplishing those two things kind of drained my running mojo.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

So, let's just say this past week wasn't exactly up to par.

Monday, 4/7 - LAZY
Tuesday, 4/8 - Still didn't feel like running, but I did bike to/from work. :)
Wednesday, 4/9 - REST
Thursday, 4/10 - 5.68 miles. 1:15:04; 13:20 avg pace. Met up with most of my Ragnar team for a nighttime trail run. We started out much faster than I've ever run on a trail, so I had a much tougher time on the way back - even though it was downhill.
Friday, 4/11 - REST
Saturday, 4/12 - Run #1 - 4 miles. 39:00; 10:00 avg pace. Run #2 - 5 miles. 49:35; 10:00 avg pace.
Sunday, 4/13 - REST

Miles on last week's schedule: 33
Actual miles last week: 14.68

Less than a week until the Mustang 50th Half!

menu planning

Here's what I've got planned for dinners this week.

Sunday - Veggie Pizzas. Yep, 3rd week in a row. We love these so much!!

Monday - SW Bean Burgers


Tuesday - Smothered Chicken and potatoes



Wednesday - Mexican Pizzas

Thursday - Hummus Melts

Enjoying the Course's pin on Pinterest.

Friday - Trio Cheese Pasta Bake. Pre-race dinner.



Saturday - TBD

I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast and Jill at Fitness, Health, & Happiness. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like your body knew it worked hard and was asking you for a little recovery time- totally normal. I've definitely been there!! Enjoy the rest- it's essential so you come back stronger. Mmm, cheesy pasta is a craving of mine lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! You always know what to say. :-) My original training plan for this week was a little intense, so I've decided to take it a bit easier leading up to my half on Sat.

      Delete
  2. Smothered chicken looks good! With your half coming up, maybe it's a good time to rest a little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about that smothered chicken, too! I'm going to scale back on the training a bit this week instead of trying to keep the intensity super high. Hopefully then I'll be rested and strong for the half.

      Delete
  3. The smothered chicken looks really good! Enjoy your time for rest and recovery....you've earned it! The medal for the mustang marathon is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand! I had two really great running weeks, and then last week was a total bust! I hope that my half next weekend goes well, despite my low mileage last week! Your menu for the week looks so good! Enjoy your week, and good luck at your half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck at your half, too! We'll just call it good tapering. :-)

      Delete
  5. You were smart to listen to your body and go for a bike ride instead of a run. I'm amazed by how rest is just as if not more important than the actual running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem weird how important rest can be, but sometimes it really is just what we need.

      Delete
  6. Yep. George is actually my Ragnar team captain. :-)

    ReplyDelete