Sunday, April 6, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 4/6

Last week flew by so quickly! I think it's because I had plans Mon, Tue, and Wed evenings after work, so suddenly it was Thursday! And then Friday!! :)

A week that flies by is certainly better than a week that drags on. Am I right?

With all the craziness of the week, my running did take a small hit. Here's how it looked.

Monday - 5.1 miles. 56:00; 11:00 avg pace. Finished #FFMarchMiles with just over 100 miles!

Tuesday - REST

Wednesday - 3.1 miles. 26:41; 8:36 avg pace. That's a 23 second PR! Read more about it here: #LVKickOffNight and #5byth5th

Thursday - REST

Friday - 1.7 miles. 18:14; 10:43 avg pace. I figured that 1.7 was better than zero - even if it was a far cry from the 6 on my schedule.

Saturday - REST

Sunday - I'm not feeling super motivated to do anything today besides some food prep. I'll try to get in some kind of a run. Maybe.

Miles on last week's schedule: 35
Actual miles last week: 9.9 Oops!

menu planning

Whoo hoo!! I actually remembered to order and pick-up Bountiful Baskets this week. :) I added on a Salsa and Guac pack, so we'll be having a bit of Mexican food this week. :)

Sunday - Penne with artichokesNot Mexican, I know, but we also got artichokes that need to be used.

Monday - Nachos.

Tuesday - Vegetarian Burrito Bowls with fresh guac and salsa.



Wednesday - Veggie Pizzas. These were a huge hit when I made them last week. I might make on french bread this time around, though.

Thursday - Southwestern Egg Rolls.

Friday - Tomatillo French Bread Pizzas. I'm planning on making this sauce, spreading it on french bread and topping with sliced tomatoes, onions, and cheese.

Saturday - TBD

I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast and Jill at Fitness, Health, & Happiness. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.


Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

12 comments:

  1. Yum! Those veggie pizzas sound good. I'm always looking for new recipes! Thanks for some suggestions! Plus, I'm starving right now so every thing looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki! Reading menu posts hungry is probably almost as danger as going to the store hungry. :)

      The veggie pizzas are so yummy. It's the sauce that really brings it home, plus it's a great dip if you have extra.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the 5k pr!!! That's awesome! And mmm, burrito bowls are so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! You can bet that I used my PR time for the #5bythe5th series. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the 5K PR! I love eating Mexican food - usually have it every Saturday and sometimes throughout the week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those SW Eggrolls look delicious!!!! Great job with your 5k pr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week. Congrats on the PR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The veggie burrito bowl and veggie pizza looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete