Friday, April 4, 2014

#LVKickOffNight 5k recap

TGIF, my friends! Actually, this week really seemed to fly by! I could hardly believe that yesterday was Thursday, and now it's Friday already. Woot woot!!

Wednesday night after work, I headed straight to Red Rock Running Company for the #LVKickOffNight 5k fun run. I arrived just in time for the group to be heading out of the store. :)

I met up with George, and we were off!

The guy leading the group started out with a much faster pace than I'd expected, but I did my best to keep up with the group. Every time I glanced down at my watch and saw sub-9:00 paces, I couldn't help but smile just a little. Turns out this was going to be a tempo run.

We ran fast and hard and were just cruising along.

Until we were on our way back. This was a simple out-and-back 5k run, and only on the way back did I realize that we'd been running downhill the whole way out. Let me just say that the way back was much, much tougher than the way out. It was such a slight uphill, but a bit of a killer anyway. Probably because I was a bit tired after running so fast on the downhill.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 7:32 Wow!
Mile 2 - 8:37 Definitely getting a little tired after than first mile.
Mile 3 - 9:25 A steady, gradual, constant uphill really slowed me down!
3.1 - 1:06

Overall average pace: 8:34

5k time: 26:41
5k PR | Enjoying the Course

That's a 23 second PR!!! Incredible!!

After the run, I grabbed the new flavor of GU.

GU Salted Watermelon
Salted Watermelon. I still haven't tried it. Perhaps tomorrow on my long run.
A t-shirt.
Rock n Roll Las Vegas, #LVKickOffNight

And stuck around for the raffle. They had a LOT of great prizes from GU to socks to gift certificates to PF Changs to a comped race entry to Rock and Roll Las Vegas.

I didn't win anything. :(

Except that shiny new PR!!

Since this fun run race was on April 2nd, it was perfect to count for Laura's 5bythe5th virtual race series. I think it's the first time this series that I've gotten the race done before the 5th. lol.

Did you run an #LVKickOffNight virtual or hosted fun run? Or the #5bythe5th virtual run?
What are you looking forward to this weekend? We're hopefully going to get a couples massage tomorrow. Exciting!


I'm linking up with Jill today for Fitness Fridays.
Go check out how everyone else is celebrating fitness today.
Fitness Fridays

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the PR! That's winning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill! Of course, winning a raffle would have been icing. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your PR, Clarinda!! I've got a 5K coming up in a couple weeks...I'm so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle. Good luck at your 5k. Don't be nervous. You'll do great. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the PR! I had a 5K yesterday - no PR - but a good run. Two weeks until my next half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PR or no PR, a good run is always awesome. :) Two weeks until my next half as well! Good luck to you!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's so awesome!! Congrats! That's fun that you got to run with George again too.
    Salted watermelon?? I can't even imagine how that tastes. I love watermelon, but NOT with salt on it! Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried the salted watermelon! I do like putting salt on my watermelon, though, so I am curious to try it.

      Delete
  5. Woohoo!! Awesome job- a shiny new pr just feels amazing, doesn't it?! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! And hopeful that one day I'll actually get that sub-25...

      Delete