Saturday, July 5, 2014

Ultimate Coffee Date - July 2014

Did you enjoy a fabulous 4th of July? We didn't really do anything. Spent a little time in the pool for some cross training and fought the crowds at Walmart for our weekly shopping trip. Now we have two full days to do whatever we want and not have to worry about running errands.

But first, it's coffee time!

If we were having coffee this morning...

If we were having coffee this morning... I'd tell you how great half marathon training is going with my husband. We're heading out for a 7-miler this morning. This will be by far the longest distance Jeff has ever run. We're dropping Genie (our car) off for her 30,000-mile check-up and we'll hit the road instead of simply killing time at the dealership.

If we were having coffee this morning... I share with you some of the creamiest, most delicious fruit dip that I made the other day. And, of course, I'd share the recipe.

Creamy Peanut Butter Vanilla Fruit Dip
Creamy Peanut Butter Vanilla Fruit Dip | enjoyingthecourse.com

Ingredients

  • 6 oz Yogurt, plain, unsweetened
  • 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter, heaping
  • 2 squirts Pure Via® vanilla stevia liquid
  • 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
Cooking Directions

  1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth and creamy.
  2. Serve with apple slices, bananas, grapes, or your choice of fruit.

If we were having coffee this morning... I'd definitely ask you if you were going to join me for my birthday party. I'm so excited about this run and/or yoga streak, and I really want it to be the biggest party ever, so the more the merrier. :-)

If we were having coffee this morning... I'd tell you how I've been fighting a major sweet tooth lately. And by sweet tooth, I mean chocolate. Seems like if there isn't chocolate involved, I just don't feel satisfied. I'm trying to grab fruit when I have a sweet craving, but it doesn't seem to help. Though my fruit dip did help a little.  I'd also ask how you deal with unhealthy cravings.

If we were having coffee this morning... I'd tell you how I feel like summer is slipping away. There are so many things I'd like to do this summer, and I feel like I'm running out of time. Good thing I live in Vegas, so summer lasts a bit longer than other places. :-)

If we were having coffee this morning, what would you tell me?

Why not grab a cup of coffee, relax for awhile, and catch up with some other bloggers at the Ultimate Coffee Date?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

5 comments:

  1. When is your half? I'm mid-training, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My half is on my birthday... 8/10. It's a midnight race and will be my husband's very first half. I'm so excited for him and to run it together! Good luck with your training, too!

      Delete
  2. Ah my sweet tooth takes over sometimes too. You live in Vegas? Fun! I did the RnR race last Nov so much fun. Nice meeting you for coffee today Confessions of A Mother Runner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I've been in Vegas for two years now. I love it! I'm running RnR Vegas this Nov. Super excited!!!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, Karen. It's a midnight race in the wee hours of the morning on my birthday. Yay!

    Don't worry about your new job. It'll become comfortable before you know it. :-)

    ReplyDelete